Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found you

Hello,

I've just found this site. What do I do? Where do I go?

I need to stop drinking.

Just found you

:welcome: Drunk Smurf

You have found a great place and the "just starting out" section is a good place to start. Check out the Newbies thread. There are also fantastic tips here in the toolbox which will help you get started. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I found at the beginning, reading about others experiences help me not to feel so alone and posting about my feelings was also so theraputic. Wishing you much strength......
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Just found you

Welcome Smurf! Good place to find - there is so much here! Lots of people helping, supporting and so much to read and find out. Read, post - as Chill said, just reading about others experiences makes one feel so not alone - download the book, ask whatever you feel like - nothing to be judged on, or embarrassed about - someone here has been there or done it - welcome !!

hugs to you, Sunshinedaisies x
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Just found you

Welcome smurf.Stay here as it's a very supportive site. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Just found you

Welcome to you Smurf. We are happy to have you with us. I hope to learn much more about you. Keep posting and asking questions. I wish you well!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Just found you

Hi Smurf! Nice to meet you! Just keep having a look around, Im sure you will get more familiar with everything.

Looking forward to learning more about you Smurf!! Take care!
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Just found you

yo

Drunk Smurf;915315 wrote: Hello,

I've just found this site. What do I do? Where do I go?

I need to stop drinking.
              hi smurf,as a few hav said the resources are unlimited,1st you hav to get yur witts about you,and listen,read and be willing to make a change,i to wondered on this site back in 2008,it has probably been one of the greatest blessings in my life,as you move on,youll hav again ups and downs,but if there is a true willlingess,you will ,prevail,you mt stop and start,but these folks will never let you down,you mt even get chastised a few times,but like the lady that gets bettin buy the big nerandrthol,she keeps gettin up,were here for you,gyco

Comment

Just found you

:welcome:welcome Smurf, this is a great place.
                make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Just found you

Welcome!!! I'm still a newbie myself. You will find alot of care and support here. Stick around and post as much as you feel comfortable.

Comment

Just found you

Welcome Smurf (never thought I'd type that in my life). This place is great. Saved my butt and mind a few times. Lots of good info here. And once you're comfortable its not always so serious there's fun to be had too!
                    Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
                    No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Just found you

[QUOTE=sk8punk;915729]Welcome Smurf (never thought I'd type that in my life)QUOTE]
                      :H
                      Be strong-
                      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Just found you

sk8punk;915729 wrote: Welcome Smurf (never thought I'd type that in my life).
                        :H
                        Be strong-

Comment

Just found you

You are in the right place Smurf, just keep reading and posting. I joined a couple of years ago too and finally this year I made all the right changes to enable an AF life for myself.

Comment

Just found you

Welcome Smurf

If you haven't already be sure to download & read the MWO book from the Health store here. It explains all the aspects of the program to help you get started.

Staying close really helps a lot!
                            If you have any questions please just ask.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just found you

Welcome Smurf. Read lots and when you are ready, write lots. There are many people here who are caring, and can really help. Let us know a little more about you, and your goals, your situation etc when you are comfortable doing so. One day at a time. Get through today sober. All the best,
                              Hill
                              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X