Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie!

Hi! I found this site today when searching the net for some help. I am really want to stop drinking, my parents are alcoholics and while I thought I was never like them, alcohol has been a big negative in my life. From doing really dumb things and saying stupid crap, I have hurt alot of people and now I just want to heal and stop hurting myself and others. I have a husband and three beautiful healthy children, all enough reasons to be happy you might think but I am not and I use alcohol to self-medicate. Right now I am so sad and just need some support from people that understand and are on the same journey. I plan to explore this site as I can see from what I have read, there are books and cds to purchase, so i need to familarise myself with all thats available and get on with it. I look forward to lots of positive communication! Bye for now

Newbie!

Hi Naturalhighs, and welcome to MWO. Great to have you onboard.

Thanks for sharing some of your story, you are not alone. Many of us are or have struggled with drinking and this is a great place to get help. May I suggest you read lots and then post your questions so we can help you get specific answers to what you need.

I just want to encourage you on your journey to be AF (alcohol Free). It is a much better way to live and cope with the ups and down of your life. You will need help along the way, and all the help you need is right here. The people here are really great.

Welcome again
    Hazeleyes
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Newbie!

Hi natuaraleyes!
      We are all fighting the same battle. You will get so much from this site. I have made many lovely virtual friends and the knowledge and wisdom on here is immense. Look forward to getting to know you! x
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbie!

Hi naturalhighs and welcome to mwo, you have come to a great community with lots of support and good advice, read as many posts and threads as you can and you will see you are not alone, give yourself a chance, you are not alone.hope to see you around :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Newbie!

Thanks Every-one!

Wow, thanks every-one for welcoming me and I really enjoyed reading every-one of your replies!
          This really is a supportive and very understanding community. I feel so much better finally being honest and fronting up with my problem....I really want to stop drinking.
          Off to do some more reading to keep my motivation level high and put in place some more anti-drinking strategies.
          Looking forward to your friendship and being apart of moving to a better place!
          xo:thanks:

Comment

Newbie!

:welcome: hi naturalhighs and welcome to this wonderful site. it has been a godsend for me and many others. ive found lots of great advice and support and im sure you will too. read as much as you can and keep posting to let us know how youre doing and how we can help you
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbie!

Welcome naturalhighs I have been able to be sober thanks to this site. I have slipped a few times but with the help and encouragement from the people here I have been able to get back on track. I have just started on Baclofen but it makes me so sleepy!

Comment

Newbie!

:hello2::colorwelcome::groupluv::applaud:
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Newbie!

Hi naturalhighs, you've come to the right place, read lots, post lots and never think a question is stupid, there will always be someone on hand to help or answer you. I found this site the same way as you, looking for help, and in the short time i've been here i have found so much help, support and encouragement.

Good Luck

TBx
                  Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
                  AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Newbie!

Welcome, Naturalhighs! :welcome:
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Newbie!

:welcome: Naturalhighs! I am all too familiar with that unhappy(depressed) / drink / more unhappy/depressed / drink cycle. In my case, I realized that alcohol was directly causing my depression and directly / indirectly my unhappiness. You cannot go wrong by stopping drinking.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbie!

Welcome Naturalhighs. I look forward to hearing much more about you. I wish you all the best here at MWO!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbie!

Welcome to the MWO community, Naturalhighs! You're going to find lots of support and helpful information here.
                          John
                          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Newbie!

Hi and welcome! I remember feeling this amazing sense of relief when I found this site a while ago. Not long after I made my first post people were replying, and all of a sudden I didn't feel so alone in this battle. I am sure you will find a great deal of support here and I wish you all the best for your journey. Keep reading and posting!
                            "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Comment

Newbie!

Hey Naturalhighs and welcome. You have come to a really great place. Read and write lots. I am like you, married, children, and with so many reasons to not drink. Living sober is really worth it. All the best,
                              Hill
                              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X