Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is the only place that helps me not drink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ, Believe it or not I work in the substance abuse hospitals. There is no way I can check myself in. I made an appointment for an outpatient clinic on Thursday. I feel stuck.
    M

Comment

Hi m22
      hope you're feeling better by now. im in the same situation; telling myself today i will not drink and i will work on being sober but as soon as i'm out the door i go buy AL and so the cicle never ends. Today i'm hopeful that it can be done. don't give up because as soon as you do that's when AL thought take control. just remember that a thought is just that a thought and thoughts come and go. try to do something when the tought of drinking come to your mind. it's working for me today. by this 12pm i would of already had at least 5 drinks. it makes me sick to think i let this get out of control, that's why i need to do something today and i will tell myself this everyday.

don't hate yourself, this takes time and hard work. try going to an aa meeting or talking to a friend. this is not my first time trying to be sober it's been a rollercoster and haven't been on this forum for a long time because i was drinking and didn't want to do the work i had to do to obtain sobriety.

Hang in there. decide if sobriety is what you want and do the work. it's going to be hard the first few days but we have just get throug it
      :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
      ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Welcome back M22 and keep trying. Make new commitment and plan. If you slip, don' beat yourself up and start again. You will succeed. Love.

Comment

There are SMART support groups in the major North American cities and could be worth trying if 12 steps isn't your thing.

Comment

Hello M22, and welcome back. I am not the right person to ask about outpatient rehab - sorry. Read and write lots in here, perhpas from the many awesome and caring people here, we can help you find a way to gain control over alcohol. If you feel comfortable, maybe you can let us know about your volume of drinking, and duration etc so we can understand a little more about your situation. All the best,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
            X