Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT 24th July.

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd get this one started as I'm up and about early this fine Saturday morning.
    Hope everyones well, Today is day 10 for me...Double figures for the first time in about ten years!!
    I have no plans for today except to put my feet up and read a good book..Bliss.
    Have a great AF day everyone.
    xx
    AF since 19th August 2011

ODAT 24th July.

Hey Time!

That is SO AWESOME!!! I am SO proud of you!!! You are over the "hump" so things should be getting much easier for you!

Keep up the great work, and remember, it REALLY IS worth it, no matter how much you crave, wish, desire for a drink. Its just a lie, and your self esteem and dignity can never be found in a glass of booze.

My 30 days is just around the corner.. YAY! I hate to say this... but its been rather easy this time. The Antabuse shoots down any thought of drinking, its not an option so why even bother? They say that Antabuse does not take away cravings, for me I have to argue. It does take away my cravings when I know its not even an option, so why bother dwelling on it? Just move on to others things in life, and there are SO many other things in life to think about.

A BIG HELLO to everyone to come!! Be Strong!!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT 24th July.

Thanks Over,

I feel pretty good about things at the moment so I'll just keep plodding along. Well done on almost 30 days, I've enjoyed following your updates on progress. The antabuse seems to be working really well for you. I'm gonna go a bit longer without as I'm feeling pretty confident and strong willed right now but it always an option because as you say, it takes the option away and frees your mind up to think about other things. Thankfully, I haven't found myself thinking about AL anywhere near as much as I used to so maybe I'm breaking the habit!
      Before I joined this site back at the beginning of this month I was drinking alone in my bedroom almost every night and hiding the evidence from my housemates. I thought about AL all the time and rarely did anything socially that didn't involve the demon drink. I was calling in sick at work, neglecting my friends and familly and putting my career ambitions on hold indefinatly, or at least until I'd had 'just one more' drink!!
      I thought it was impossible to stop the cycle, however over this month I have had just 2 nights of drinking which although I regret those, I think each episode has made my resolve to quit stronger.
      At the start of this month I didn't think I was capable of going a day without, It just goes to show how things can change if you are determined!

xx
      AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

ODAT 24th July.

Im so glad you are doing so well Time!! I think you are doing just great

It is nice to know that the option of Antabuse is there if you ever NEED it. I like to post about my personal success (so far) with Antabuse so that any others can read about it, and maybe it might be just the thing for even one person. Its all about what works!!

Keep being strong, I KNOW you can do it!!

Comment

ODAT 24th July.

Nice jobs Time and Over! I am on day 11 (one more hour to go and it will be day 12) and I am looking forward to reaching my 30 day milestone.

Keep up the great work and stay strong.
          John
          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

ODAT 24th July.

Thank you Paguy!!!

My 30 days right around the corner! WHOO HOO!! Gonna go for 60 days then probably go off of the Antabuse. I like Antabuse! Its a good thing if you ever need it, kicks your ass right sober and you like it, LOL.

You keep up the great work and be strong too. Looking forward to celebrating your 30 days!

Comment

Working...
            X