Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hi Possum and Welcome!

Lots of great advice has been posted so far. I will add that I've been coming here to this forum every day for the last 18 days and have remained AF. Coming here and reading through the threads and participating in the open discussions has been helpful for me. This is part of my plan - I've made a commitment to myself and coming here every day is helping me keep true to that commitment.

My best wishes to you for a successful journey.
    John
    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

New Here

Hi all
      I can only echo all the advice given here... for me the One day at a time thing really really worked as well as coming to read and post here.. essential.
      the benefits of not drinking are huge, huge HUGE and I have been reminded of that this weekend when I jumped back on the booze bus for 2 days... If I didn't know before, I do now
      Take Care
      Patrice

Comment

New Here

Hi possum and :welcome:

Life with alcohol is very isolating and like UKBlonde said, things open up when you quit. A recurring issue here is how everyone's life expanded due to the freedom that is granted by giving up the booze. You too can have that! But first you have to want it more than anything else. And you can do that one day at a time... it IS doable!

I'd like to add this thread to ones that have been suggested https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

All the best!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
        X