Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW HERE

Hi everyone

Just starting out and I am totally lost.

If anyone wants to guide me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

NEW HERE

Welcome Sara

Click on the Monthly or Longtime Abstainers Forum and go to the Toolbox. It will be a good start!

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Comment

NEW HERE

Hi Sara,

I just wanted to add that if you haven't already done so, download the My Way Out book and give this program a try. It's been a lifesaver for me. Strength to you,

Rusty

Comment

NEW HERE

WELCOME TO THE SITE! Two months ago I found this site and I would have never imagined being where I am today! So healthy and happy! I have basically been drugged up or drunk all my life. I started smoking pot at 14 and never stopped until 33 years later, I was addicted to crack cocaine for 3 years, then I took up drinking for the next 25 years! Over the last 5 years, I drank a fifth of vodka every night at home with my husband. I never thought it was possible to get sober and to be happy! I tried to quit all my addictions for so long and never thought it was possible! Today is my 25 days without alcohol! Now it did not take my first try. I went 10 days sober, then drank, 8 days sober then drank, 7 days sober, then drank and now 25 days sober! So don't get upset if you fall, just pick yourself back up and start again. Never give up! I am so high on life and I thank God every day for still being alive after all I've been through so that I can enjoy life! This is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me, finding this site and all these wonderful people to help and encourage me so much! I could have never done it without them! I know you will make a ton of friends here and we all welcome you! Click on "Just starting out" and scroll down to "start here" by rubywillow. This will help you get familiar with the site. We all want to here from you so don't hesitate to post your feelings, problems or questions. We all love you, welcome you and want to help you in this journey to get sober and stay sober! Replace your negative thoughts and tell yourself I CAN DO THIS! Love, Vicki

rubywillow;826324 wrote: I've been in and out lately, but really reading today a lot of new posts. Sometimes, having been here a while, I forget what it felt like when I first came here. I started out by posting in the middle of an ongoing thread, which had nothing to do with newbies! I was embarressed, since I hadn't been lurking long enough to understand how the system worked. It's now closing in on 2 years, so my mistake wasn't terminal! I've found people over this time who joined in on ongoing threads, and help them find places more suited to them, but it WOULD be nice to understand how things go when we first show up, scared and unsure of what to expect. I'd like to issue a welcome to anyone out there, lurking or afraid to find a starting place. Come in from the cold, post whatever you feel, and someone will help you find the best place for you. I've found this is a wonderful place, a haven from the terrors we put ourselves through because of AL (alcohol). I posted drinking, sober, in between, but because of the lovely people here, sober SO much more in the last year plus! You have to ask for help, for your particular question, and it is SO much nicer when you establish a relationship with people here, even though your heart may be broken by them down the road if they 'slip'. It's the COMING BACK that is important, the realizing what has happened, the asking for the specific help you need. First of all, never think you are unique in your drinking pattern. Someone has been there, done that. Second, never think you are unique in being able to overcome your problem, since someone has been there and done JUST that. Until you feel ready, just for yourself, you aren't going to succeed. But when you ARE ready, there is SO MUCH HELP here. I hope this helps at least one person who has questioned themselves about posting on this site. You can find help navigating (which drove me nuts!) and find the right place, group, for you, but you HAVE to speak. For all of you out there, I understand. If you REALLY want to stop, to get better, to live the life you were intended, start here, or somewhere on a thread. Don't wait. I know too many stories of those who wait. For me, it was life or death. Don't wait that long, or until you have to expose yourself to those you love, and rebuild their trust. It has finally worked for me, but I don't wish that pain on anyone. Come in from the cold. There is hope here.
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

NEW HERE

These are 2 posts that were written months ago but I think will help you out alot. Read all the encouraging posts from others, share your story, feelings and struggles with us. WE CARE AND WANT TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY WE CAN! Love ya!
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

NEW HERE

:welcome: Sara!

Glad you were brave enough to post
            Of course, the book which outlines the various aspects of the MWO Program is important. You can download for around $12 from the store on this site.

I also found the following threads to be really, really helpful in the beginning:

Newbie's Nest

The Toolbox

"Just like a swimming pool"

Best of luck on your journey - and please read, ask, read some more, rant, vent, cry, then read some more... you can do this!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

NEW HERE

Welcome Sara. I wish you the best of luck as you begin your journey here!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

NEW HERE

Hey Sara,

I found this site about 7 weeks ago and it has helped me to change my life. I do not have words that are so profound that they will radically alter your perspective but if you really want it, stick with it and let everyone know how you are feeling you can have anything you want from life. It doesn't suddenly drop into your lap but the haze and the sense of hopelessness soon goes and it is the best feeling in the world. Truly better than any drug. I hope you can fight the good fight with us Sara, we all need all the help we can get.
                "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

NEW HERE

All that has been said is pretty much it - but I just wanted to say a big welcome to you Sara - as the others have said, it is indeed a wonderful place - loads of help and support. I don't think I could have done it without the support and help I got from this place - welcome again and all the best for your journey.

Hugs to you, Sunshinedaisies xx
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

NEW HERE

welcome sara
                    we are here for you!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

NEW HERE

Hi Sara!!!!

Hope you decide to stick around and benefit from this site and the people who would love to help you in any way they can!

I've been sober over 30 days thanks to the help of taking Antabuse. I've been on this website for over 3 years and have made lots of lasting friendships here!

Nice to meet you!!
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

NEW HERE

:welcome: hi and welcome. youve found a great place here for support and advice. you are not alone in this struggle, we are all here to help you. keep reading and posting and let us know how your getting on.. maybe you could tell us a bit about yourself.
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

NEW HERE

Hello and welcome Sara.
                          Do be sure to read the Toolbox. It and the people here are a great help.
                          You've to to start somwhere and this is as good a place as any.
                          Diggin' being alive

Comment

NEW HERE

Hi Sara and welcome. Read and write lots, there are many kind and caring people willing to help you and give thoughts and feedback. If you are comfortable tell us a little more about your situation, your goals etc. All the best to you,
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

NEW HERE

Hey. You are in a good place, loads of lovely people on here to give you support.
                              Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Working...
                              X