Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like the taste of alcohol?

Buzz buzz gimme dat buzz.

Taste was a long long far far distant second to the buzz for sure.

Glad I'm not spending my time chasing the buzz any more.

Jewels, I'm sorry to hear you are getting out of a bad relationship. I noticed your comment that your excessive drinking didn't start until this man was in your life. Of course I don't know about cause and effect in your case - I can only speak about mine. But...I had a nasty habit of blaming my drinking on all kinds of external stuff. I had to stop blaming other people and circumstances before I could stop drinking. AL is very sneaky so it was not obvious to me at all that a part of this blame game was AL lies to keep me drinking. Sneaky sneaky. Just something to think about in case you might find it applies for you too.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Buzz. I used to say I liked martini's and was particular about how they were prepared. Right up until I shook them up in the garage in a ball jar wrapped in a silencer towel first thing in the AM. Geeeeezzz greenie. classy.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Scotch in the cold months loved the taste I MEAN LOVED. Vodka in the warm months loved the taste, oh yes. I would look in the city for places with the largest selection of vodkas so I could try new brands. Grey Goose was my general go to. The scotch The Glenlivet. If that was the only brand on earth I would've been very happy!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yes... I was grey goose and glenlivet. And a bit of bombay sapphire, until I got serious.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Haha, Greenie, love the mental picture of you in the garage shakin the martini in a towel - sort of 'classy' in an alcoholic James Bond sort of way!! As they say in Ireland I would have drunk it 'off a scabby leg':H:H
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

mollyka;923733 wrote: Haha, Greenie, love the mental picture of you in the garage shakin the martini in a towel - sort of 'classy' in an alcoholic James Bond sort of way!! As they say in Ireland I would have drunk it 'off a scabby leg':H:H
              :H yes great mental picture Greenie!

I loved a certain red wine in the cold months - really loved it, but it made my lips and teeth go black and my eyes bloodshot and crossed....so although I thought it tasted nice I must have looked like something out of 'fright night' drinking it!
              AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
              One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Ha ha Mrs D - I loved red wine too and it had the same effect on my teeth and lips..it seemed to congeal on the outer part of the lips making me look like I had put on black lipliner

Comment

I remember having a stained tongue and lips during a red wine phase. I was sick so many times with red wine it's all I associated it with if I think about it.

Yuck.

Comment

Working...
                  X