I fell down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fell down...

Yesterday was day 17 for me but I ruined it by polishing off a bottle and a half of red wine!!
    I have no idea why I did that, Something made me think it was ok!!.... It wasn't ok, and now I feel like crap mentally and physically. Also I was alone so it was very much secret drinking, I swore I'd never do that again!
    Ok, enough with the self pity. Back to day one for me, if there's anything good to come out of my slip its that my resolve to quit is strengthened...I don't want t feel like this EVER again.

xx
    AF since 19th August 2011

I fell down...

If it is a lesson learned then it was worthwhile. Good on you for coming and fessing up.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I fell down...

Can all the members who was succesful first time round please raise their hands
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

I fell down...

Thanks guys, I'm really mad at myself right now, but I'm also really determined to dust myself off and get back on my journey straight away. Hopefully I've learned a little bit more about myself today. xx
        AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

I fell down...

Hi Time, I did exactly the same thing this weekend after 6 weeks AF!! I had 3 bottles of white over a 2 day period.. I feel the same as you but least we are learning..I wasnt mad at myself but now I am a bit because now would be the time I would write 0 on drintracker ...
          Hand up for you and we'll get straight back on that white charger
          xx

Comment

I fell down...

TTC & Patrice - Great that you are both here and posting, remember that the only real mistakes are those from which we learn nothing. We all have to go through a certain amount of falls to finally get to that point where we want sobriety more than we want another drink.

I used the drink tracker when I 1st started Patrice and the good thing is that today is the 1st so you can start a new clean sheet full of 0's!!

All we have to do is avoid that 1st drink (not the 2nd or the 3rd or the 4th) just that 1st one.... when that thought 1st comes into your head, go do something else to take your mind off it, pick up the phone or come on here, anything! Change your routine and avoid the patterns that trigger the old habits. You can do this...... :l
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

I fell down...

Nothing new to say TTC, the others have said it all and as Jesse says 'hands up?' I am firmly sitting on my hands! My method was/is to remember just I awful I felt and vow never to go there again, like Chill says - it's only the 1st one you have to say no to
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I fell down...

As everyone has said as long as you learn from this then this is a big positive step in your recovery

I slipped after 45 days at a family bbq and that hangover was like a day in hell for me. I was up at 4am vomiting, I couldn't sleep after that, I couldn't look after my children, I couldn't stand up straight for fear of vomiting again I felt SO sick, I could barely eat anything, I couldn't breathe properly and the feelings of anxiety and panic started to return, my head BANGED all day and it took me a good 2 days to fully recover - I mean if I don't learn from that then I'm crazy!

Ask yourself this - did you really enjoy the actual drinking? Was it worth these feelings you've got today? Because I talked myself into that first drink that day thinking 'what's the harm?' and quickly realised that I wasn't even enjoying myself I was just getting drunker and drunker feeling more and more out of control, heavy, dehydrated, blurry and not at all having fun.....it just was NOT a pleasant experience in the end or worth the hideous hangover I got from it.

Good luck to you - learn from this and you will be fine
                AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

I fell down...

ditto, time to change. Start again with renewed and stronger commitment.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I fell down...

Oh Time, my friend.

I've been in your shoes so many thousands of times. There could be no reason "why" to do it, just something that you do, and end up paying for it big time like you are now. Trust me, I completely understand. Been there done that, dont feel alone.

I am familiar with that "feeling". Its the worst thing in the world to have to go through. Problem with me is that, no matter how "BAD" it was, I could not say no and would continue to go back for more abuse.

Have you given any more thought to Antabuse? You know I am a fan of it because it has worked very well for me. Do you think it might work for you? Once you take that pill, Time, you are DONE drinking or you will pay for it BIG TIME.

Hope you feel better my friend. You will get there, sometimes it just takes "Time". :l
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I fell down...

Hi hun, I know that feeling VERY well as i did the same on Thursday. It's HORRIBLE. You;ll feel much better tomorrow but i'm really glad you're back on the horse!!!! Well done!

Comment

I fell down...

Timetochange
                        Cant add much more than what has already been said, Just get yourself back on track and learn from how you gave in,We always need to build up our defences against our triggers and cravings,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I fell down...

I am sorry Time..been there, done that....you can do this..
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I fell down...

Hi Time, I got to day 17 too and blew it...
                            I too felt mad with myself, but at least we're headed in the right direction now, thanks for sharing, your post gave me hope and renewed my resolve, thanks
                            30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Working...
                            X