Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to you all, I no longer feel alone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is my first day on this journey to my dry life. I am so pleased to have found this site. I now know I am not alone and now have somewhere to share my process!:new:

Hi patty I saw you on chat .. welcome here you are for sure not alone..keep reading, looking and being positive
    Patrice

Comment

Hi Patty, and a big Welcome to you!

You are right. You are not alone! This is a great site, with plenty of info, education, support, and encouragement. I recommend you do lot's of reading here, and you will see yourself in many peoples post's. Great to see you here, and best wishes on your journey!

Check out the 'Newbies nest' in the just starting out section, and also read the 'Toolbox' thread in the 'monthly abstinence' section.

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

patrice;927923 wrote: Hi patty I saw you on chat .. welcome here you are for sure not alone..keep reading, looking and being positive
        Patrice
        Thanks Patrice x

Comment

Hi Patty. Welcome! I check in every morning, and it really helps me stay the course.

Some threads I love; hope you find them helpful also.

Pride (day 23)

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ndi-22388.html
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hey Patti!

A very big welcome to you, great to have you on board!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi Patti :welcome: so glad you have found us you'll not only learn lots of great stuff you also get to have laughs along the way, the people on here are fabulous
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hiya Patty,
                Just adding my hellos. If you need to ask anything shout out.
                J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to you all for making me feel welcome and actually more normal.
                  I'm feeling positive now I have found this place! Taking one day at a time will be easier now I have found you all. X:thanks:

Comment

Hey Patty - WELCOME!!

I, too, am early in this journey (again)... Day 2.

I just wanted to comment that I don't like that term "dry" when referring to being AF. That really sounds so depressing - like we out in some desert w/out water?!!

Besides, there are LOTS of liquids around... water, coffee, juices, etc. etc.

And, ironically, when you drink, don't you feel really dry-mouthed in the morning?

Soooo, welcome to the wetlands!

(Don't mind me, I'm in weird mood.:nutso
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

:H Ok i'm going to swim my way through this journey.:H

How's your day 2 going? I'm finding it tough today or maybe right now at this moment and space in time. Starting to feel my 6 week hangover now and withdrawl.

I know I want to do this though, so I'm determined to hang in there and do this for me and my son and our future!

Comment

Patty, you're going to find SO much support here. Really great people. And, you can gripe, etc. whenever you want!! :H

I've already made plans for an errand right after work (during that witching hour!).

And a (non-drinking) friend is coming over in the morning to help me carry some doors, etc. I only mention that because I have been known to start early on a Sat.

The key is to keep busy, especially at first until you get into the swing of things.

Oddly, I don't think I've ever experienced withdrawals. Hangover, YES. Maybe I'm a little more anxious at first... I haven't been drinking that much the last few months, but it's been daily. Time to stop.

Bottom line: Waste of Time and Money!!
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Patty - also wanted to mention the "ODAT" thread here in the Just Starting forum. It means One Day at a Time. You can post whatever, but the idea is to just keep us focused on ONE day. Good way to start.

Feel free to hop on in!

Comment

welcome patty
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Patty...welcome!!!
                              We have all been where you are now...and some of us are still there!!!
                              Welcome to the family!!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X