Hello everybody,new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody and what a great site,everybody seems really good and helpful also.I joined yesterday and have been reading so much that my head is spinning,all great info.

A little about me,I don't drink everyday,probably 3 times a week but when I do,I really do,no problem drinking a full bottle of vodka and more and the lunacy starts.I hate the self loathing next day and have tried a million times to quit.
    The thoughts of never drinking again fills me with terror but I realize I can't ever go and have a few drinks,then stop like most people.Its all or nothing.
    Anyway I'm 4 days AF but now its Friday and I'm determined to not drink this weekend.
    I have ordered from this site the Kudzu,5-htp and true calm,also L Glut from Amazon.I'm hoping they will help when the craving for a drink starts probably in a few hours.But I won't have them till next week.
    If none of that along with my will power fails I will look into meds.
    Cheers everybody and have a great sober weekend
    catbails

welcome an just rememeber you can and will do anything you set your mind to,,good luck and we are here for you
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

:welcome: catbails,
      At the moment don't panic about not drinking for the rest of your life just think about not drinking today.
      Have a look in the tool box link below, it should give you plenty of ideas on how to cope until your sups arrive.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Catbails - 1st I want to say well done on 4 days AF and Im glad you are determined to have an AF weekend. There are always people here to chat to if you find yourself stuggling so please please check in here as much as you can. As JC says dont worry about the rest of your life right now, take it ODAT (one day at a time). Wishing you much strength on your journey.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Welcome Catbails!
          I have to echo JC and Chill, don't think too far ahead right now. Take it slow and easy and just focus on the present. As each day passes, it DOES get easier. You can do this...and we are here for you!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks guys and ya know,I feel better already.I was thinking abstince for life and really in the back of my mind thinking I can't do that but absolutely correct,I'll just get through this weekend first maybe odat.Hey I'm learning the lingo.
            The tools is full of brillient suggestions I've read 6 pages so far and a post by A work in progress really stood out for me where she/he talks about shifting our thinking from deprivation mode to gratitude mode.It's very true.
            Thanks,catbails

Comment

Welcome Catbails! Go you on 4 days AF already - awesome! Loads here to help you and wonderful people too. Stay close this weekend!

Hugs, Sunshinedaisies
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Welcome Catbails,
                Yep for me too...thinking about never drinking ever again blows my mind a bit (although I know in the back of my mind thats what it has to be)
                Just concentrating on not drinking today, and every morning I log onto this site and renew the committment, so makes it more manageable
                Awesome effort so far 4 days...wahoo!
                30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

WELCOME CATBAILS!!!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I keep reading your name as "CATBALLS" :H
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Catbails and welcome. I can only echo what others have said, stay close to the site, read loads and stay focused on ODAT. I wish you luck!

TB x
                      Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
                      AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

K9Lover;928159 wrote: I keep reading your name as "CATBALLS" :H
                        I'm afraid I do too. So...Welcome CB!! Stay positive and focused and you will rock it! All the best.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

:welcome: catbails! I too found the thought of never being able to drink again overwhelming. Truth is, I CAN pick up a drink any time I want to. And I thank God for every day I don't want to. What IS true is that I cannot drink SAFELY ever. I'm like you - once I get started, who knows what will happen. So one day at a time, I remind myself that I cannot ever drink safely.

GO FOR THAT AF WEEKEND! Let's do it together.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

No it's catbails and I'm drunk as a skunk,almost.
                            Tomorrow is another day,I won't ever give up.

Comment

We are good people.

Comment

Working...
                              X