Faltered after 3 days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faltered after 3 days AF

I made it 3 days then drank a bottle of wine the night before last and again lastnight. Those 3 days I was feeling so good and so proud of myself. I had started back on a diet and was doing well. Now I feel bad about myself and a little depressed. My right side under my ribs is aching again (my liver). Those 3 days it didn't hurt at all. I don't know why I did it. I wasn't having any physical cravings but mentally I just couldn't get the AL off my mind and I caved. It was an internal fight and the AL won.

Well, here I go again back at day 1. Just got to keep trying.

:thanks: for listening my friends. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

xxx

Faltered after 3 days AF

Jewels, the important thing is that you learn from each experience. Glad to see you back here so quickly! Here is a 3 day progression that seems pretty common. Not sure if this is what happened in your case - just food for thought:

Day 1: My hangover is horrendous and I've said/done things I feel horrible about. This just can't go on - definitely no drinking today.

Day 2: Thank God this miserable hangover is almost totally gone. I still feel bad about what I said / did while drunk.

Day 3: I feel good again and the little voices in my head are telling me I just need to control it better. I will just drink one.

REPEAT CYCLE

Jewels, I had to get really honest with myself. My drinking was not just a bad habit or something. It was an addiction that was killing me mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I'm ADDICTED. I kept hoping that was not really the case, and that it would be possible for me to somehow find a way to drink safely, and most important to my addiction, keep drinking. That simply is not possible for me. Sobriety got much easier when I finally accepted that.

Now I have moved on to the healing and rebuilding of a good life that is not centered around my drinking. I hope you find that too!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Faltered after 3 days AF

Hi Jewels,

Good on you for getting back here where the help and support is!!
      I totally know your feeling of the 'internal fight' and losing it to alcohol...am coming here daily now and finding thats helping my resolve,
      Keep coming all the best x
      30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Faltered after 3 days AF

Jewels,

I'm on the same merry go round....drink, recover, rinse and repeat! I just need to take the leap and jump off. It's a tiring ride!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Faltered after 3 days AF

Hi Jewels,

Keep on plugging away. I know how frustrating it is but you're learning as you go along about what helps, what doesn't help, what to avoid etc.
          You can do it!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
          X