Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday 7th August

Happy saturday everyone!

No work, woohoo! (sorry to anyone that has to work saturdays).

Back to day one but not square one, I read that on someone's thread during the week. I liked that. Whatever it is we try to do, not neccessarily giving up alcohol, (especially by the time you get to my age) there is a lot of experience in the past, and you can build on it.

I have just made myself a two years and three months plan. I'm going to write it down and keep it somewhere I will see it every day.

I joined this site at the beginning of the year. I have had some setbacks, but I have moved forward. Whenever I come back here its great to see everyone again, its good to know I am not alone trying to do this. Friends either don't drink and so don't get it, or do drink and don't see a problem.

Thank you for being there everyone.

ODAT Saturday 7th August

Happy Saturday Little Owl and all to come

Going to be a sober one for me today..... I'm off for lunch with girlfriends and I have designated me the driver, I've never done this before so its going to be a good test,

Luv P x
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT Saturday 7th August

As we express our gratitude we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not only to utter the words but to live it. Remember this, it is worthwhile to develop a spirit of gratitude that touches every aspect of your life, the good, the bad, the large and the little. As you do you'll find its always the right time for a simple thank you.

Be quick to express thanks whenever a good thing comes into your life. Somehow there is always something to be thankful about. Be thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have you'll never, ever, have enough. Give without remembering, and receive without forgetting.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. Delevop an attitude of gratitude and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step towards acheiving something bigger and better than your current situation.

Comment

ODAT Saturday 7th August

Hi Panno

I have taken friends out and find it helps to know I am driving and can't drink anything. I end up not really wanting to after all! If I am being driven I think woohoo I can drink -and thats not good!

Have a lovely lunch and enjoy being with your friends.

"Make new friends, but keep the old. The new are silver, the old are gold." This is a cross stich I have framed above my bed that my mother made. Very true I think. I don't know what I would do without my friends, especially my best mate, she is always there fore me.

Comment

ODAT Saturday 7th August

Good morning Odaters. First time in a long time that I did not drink on Friday night! Good feeling to wake up today feeling great! Tonight may be a bit more difficult. Family camping trip, that usually includes drinking. I am planning to stay sober, stick with the plan. Great thoughts from all this morning, will help me to get through my Saturday...Good luck to all for a sober weekend.

Comment

ODAT Saturday 7th August

morning gang....
            af weekend for me...lots to do
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT Saturday 7th August

Good morning all,
              Woke up this morning and thought great I'm on day 7..then thought oh actually its day 6 ..still happy though..then looked at the calender and surprise its day 8!, small things please me these days
              A bit grumpy last night again...sitting with my husband watching rugby while I had diet coke, he had beer...I really felt like a drink several times...best thing though, the wanting passed,

alcohol free today...lots to do places to go,
              Have great day everyone
              30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

ODAT Saturday 7th August

Hello Peeps,

I had to work today unfortunatly, and tomorrow too, but I have Monday off and its always nice to lay in bed when everyone else is getting up for work so I'll be looking forward to that.
                Day 7 for me today and I haven't felt like drinking even though its a weekend.....
                When think back to a little over a month ago to when I was drinking every night and really couldn't see a way out I am amazed how much my habits have changed. I still WANT and think about AL ,but the 'habit' and need seems to have all but gone as going 7 days without a drink doesn't feel difficult anymore, in fact it feels normal.
                Just wanted to share that with you as I know when I was starting out people kept saying to me it will get easier and at the beginning it seems impossible to see how...but its true, and its all down to breaking the cycle. I feel like I'm constantly learning on this journey.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great day, Its actually just turned day 8 for me now and I'm off to sleep for work in the morning. Night everyone xx
                AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Working...
                X