Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New life with Hypnotherapy

Hi everyone,

Well, I promised I would let everyone know how my hypnotherapy session for my addiction to alcohol and tobacco. I am feeling really good about it and the positive re-enforcement I am receiving from it, but it is only the beginning and I have 3 more sessions. The biggest battle I've had is desiring, with a sense of conviction to say goodbye to the bad habits I have acquired over the years. After so many years of habitually smoking and drinking, I realize it has become totally engrained in me. I am now feeling like it is no longer an addiction, but just simply something I have done everyday, like brushing my teeth, except that is a good habit.

The #1 thing it has given to me is a way to relax without tobacco and alcohol. How many of us have had someone tell us to just relax, but we have never been taught how to relax. In between sessions, I have 2relaxation CD's and another 2 that are positive re-enforcement. It causes me to imagine life without tobacco or alcohol, and all the wonderful things I would do during that time I typically spent drinking and smoking. I am drinking lots of water now, and when I feel like having a whiskey sour, I drink more water. I haven't completely quit smoking yet, but I haven't finished my sessions yet either and I am not going to give up hope.

The #2 thing, I am eating better, and things are tasting much better. Woke up this morning had hot oatmeal, bagel and a mid morning snack which included a fruit cup with bananas, grapes and apple. Hope you all have a great day and my thoughts are with you all. If you never give up, you will find what you are searching for.:h
Working...
X