TECHIE'S 30 DAY CLEAN SOBER CHALLENGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eagle has landed. Hello everyone. I'm heading down to Irvine to stay with friends through Sunday. Just picked up my bike so will try and get a few light workouts in before Saturday. Will use the pool at UC Irvine.

Best of luck to you too Meech. The past month or two my enthusiasm did wane now and then, but now, I AM SO PSYCHED. Hope you are all well. Need to get back on the road. More later!!!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

So glad to hear you are PSYCHED Techie! Hope training goes well.

Good luck to you too Meech!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Techs, Have a good time hon, so glad you are feeling better!

I am loving the daily thoughts on this thread, have them all in a folder. Thank you x
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Techie has his Mojo on! Good stuff and Good luck!!

Good luck to you too Meech.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Oney, Mr. Doggy walked into my office while I was reading your post and said, and I quote:

"Is THAT really someone's ASS????!!!!"

I explained that you had no feckin' idea it was gonna get that big.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;954951 wrote: Oney, Mr. Doggy walked into my office while I was reading your post and said, and I quote:

"Is THAT really someone's ASS????!!!!"

I explained that you had no feckin' idea it was gonna get that big.

DG
              DEADLY!!:H:H:H

I love it.
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

:H:H

Techie and Meech ... I am so rooting for you!!! Give it all you have!

Sorry to have been a bit MIA, but things are a bit weird here (earthquake effect) ... all been a bit unsettling. I am not directly affected, but have many friends and work colleagues that are.
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;954961 wrote: :H:H

Techie and Meech ... I am so rooting for you!!! Give it all you have!

Sorry to have been a bit MIA, but things are a bit weird here (earthquake effect) ... all been a bit unsettling. I am not directly affected, but have many friends and work colleagues that are.
                  :egad: I had no idea. I have been taking time away from tne news as all the political reporting here is so annoying and repetitive. But I've been missing the world weather too! I'm glad you are OK and hope your freinds and colleagues who were affected are OK.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good luck Techie and Meech - your fans are rooting for you!
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Glad you are well too MissB.

PA there are some well wishes for you in the What We Believe Thread! How are you doing?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RC - I am in recovery mode - yesterday is a complete blur but I am feeling more coherent today. Resting comfortably with the help of pain meds - will start weaning myself from them tomorrow.. Right now, spirits are good.

I need to go over and check out the What We Believe thread.... Hope you are well!
                        John
                        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Good to hear PA. Things are going quite for me, thanks. Some neat little twists and turns going on in my life right now.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Determinator;953350 wrote: wow Techie, that's quite a little adventure you have lined up. taking a camera along I hope.

Bridge, whats a low GI diet? got my curiosity up here.
                            Hiya Determinator,

Low GI foods are those which, long story short, do not have a 'spiking' effect on our Blood Sugar Levels. They release carbohydrate slowly into our blood, and keep our energy more consistent, and a feeling of fullness for longer. This principle can be applied to weight loss, but at the moment my interest is in relation to mood control/stability.

Here is a link to a simple explanation of GI.

The Glycemic Index

...and Ringing Cedars is correct, do investigate an ethical author or organisation.

I like Prof. Jenni Brand-Miller myself. She is appropriately qualified and researched.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Techie, enjoy the happy endorphins!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good Luck Techie, you must be on such an endorphin rush as Determinator mentioned.

Great post also, what keeps motivating me at these early days it the wonderful feeling of being anxiety free.

Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X