Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sick and tired of....

Feeling like shit everyday?
    Missing days from work because of hangovers?
    Being tired all of the time and having no energy to do the basic house chores?
    Having no interest in doing anything...
    Not sleeping well?.
    Having headaches and liver pains?
    Being lonely?
    Being sad?
    Being depressed?
    Hating myself?
    Hating my life?
    Hating other people because the truth is I?m jealous of their seemingly happy lives?
    My ex acting so fucking cheery at work and flirting with fellow female employees?fucking bastard?
    Being broke?.
    The damn collectors calling?
    Being overweight?

I am so sick and tired of ALCOHOL!!!!

Thanks for the vent everyone! Feel free to add your own list. :l

Jewels, have you made a written sobriety plan yet? Read the book? Thought through and visualized how you will get through each day sober? What you will do at the witching hour? Venting is OK but planning is probably more effective. If you have a plan but it hasn't been working, have you changed it?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I hear THAT shit. Big time. I've felt that way for years. And struggled to quit even though I reallllly wanted to.

One caution I have for you: for me, these feelings are part of a cycle that leads me back to using. So be careful! If it motivates you to quit, damn, use it! But if the anger and anxiety and stuff pushes you back at the drug, be careful.

If you find that you feel this way repeatedly in a cycle and yet you can't stop using? You might have some underlying brain chemistry issues messing with you.

I know that I am finding it a hell of a lot easier to quit while specifically NOT angry and tired and fed up with the drug. I think any kind of passionate feeling in connection with it could be dangerous. But for me, I'm creating my indifferent attitude by recognizing these feelings as symptoms of low brain chemistry and treating it with a different plan than MWO.

So my caution to you would be- by all means, stick with MWO, I think it's a great plan for alcoholics just because it's SPECIFICALLY FOR ALCOHOL. But I'd check out thedietcure.com and take her mood questionaire on the site. You may be suffering from some of the same stuff I am. And if that's the case, you'll have to add further supplements to your MWO plan.

Good luck!

I REALLY relate to what you've writting here, I've been there many many manymany times before.
      ED rather than alcoholic- but sugar is totally my booze and I sure act like an alcoholic.
      Current treatments: Julia Ross' Mood Cure, some MWO elements, NLP, (upcoming) outpatient clinic, some OA and AA stuff.
      I'm totally down with the 12 steps, yo. 8D
      Ultimate goal is abstinance. Doing harm reduction right now until I can get more direct counselling.

~If Eminem can get sober, so can I.
      ~If KEITH RICHARDS of all people can get sober, so can I!

Comment

Working...
      X