WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THESE FEELINGS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think what did it for me, was when I woke up in my house next to someone i did not even know(and to this day I still can't recall even a slight memory of it!) That's Scary!

Comment

HaveFaith - imagine the relief of never having to go through that again.....
      The same thing happened to me 20 years ago after a party, I woke up next to someone I hardly knew in a strange apartment, I sneaked out without waking him only to find I wasnt even in the same town where the party had been!!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

OHHHH LORD..
        YOU SEE, YOU COULD TALK TO A THERAPIST ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF, BUT ONLY US ALCOHOLICS
        UNDERSTAND!

Comment

havefaith;939301 wrote: OHHHH LORD..
          YOU SEE, YOU COULD TALK TO A THERAPIST ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF, BUT ONLY US ALCOHOLICS
          UNDERSTAND!
          :H:H:H

HaveFaith - This site IS my therapist!
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Oh..yes, the old WTF did I do last night....and WHO the heck are YOU! Yikes! It is scary and really takes away your self-respect and adds to the depression. Gawd I hate Alcohol!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

YEAH, BUT IT KINDA KEEPS YOU IN CHECK!
              THANKS EVERYBODY- YOU PUT A SMILE ON FACE TODAY!
              HAVE A GREAT ONE!

Comment

Good morning everyone! I'm going on 7 days now but it's the weekend, my worse time. I'm just not going down that wine aisle when I go shopping today.

Has anyone done the hypnosis tapes on here? I'm wondering whether or not you think it's worth the $$?

Comment

I'm learning a little about meditating and it helps me with unresolved emotions. It's useful not to ignore these feelings, but to acknowledge them and let them pass. It can be difficult to let go of somethings and a pleasure to be rid of others but I think it's important not to keep them inside yourself.

Comment

I just posted this on another thread but I'm going to paste it here also since it fits the theme.

A therapist put it like this to me: I'm a radio, and alcohol turned the volume down on all my feelings. When you stop drowning them out, the feelings seem so incredibly LOUD when you first hear them again, until you adjust to the sound and the volume goes to normal.

So Faith, just give it time!

JJ, I have used self-hypnosis tapes almost daily and they seem to have helped (meaning I haven't struggled with cravings the way some people have, but I don't know if it's the tapes or just that I turned some massive corner in my mind about drinking due to a convergence of circumstances; a suicide, a health scare, a sudden lightning bolt of horror at my own face in the mirror one mid-July morning).

I was a little wary of the quality of the MWO tapes and found the price on the gougy side (is that a word?), so I did some research and found a site that seemed solid and where I could download an mp3 immediately, which I did on Day 1 and have listened to almost daily since.

Again, I don't know if it's the tapes, or if I'm wired so tightly and these allow me to relax and breathe for 40 minutes. I guess it doesn't matter either way, since I haven't had the struggle with cravings the way so many people here have in the first 30 days, and that's with lots of drinking going on around me, and I'm so, so grateful for that. Don't care why, just kissing the ground in thanks.

Again, the MWO tapes might be great; I haven't listened to them. The one I use is from
                    Alcohol Addiction Hypnosis Cd Cds Self Mp3 Hypnosis Alcoholic Abuse Alcoholism Binge Drinking.

Pride

PS: One a humorous note, one of the more blatantly crappy sites actually guarantees to increase penis size by 2 inches via hypnosis. Neat trick! :H
                    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

I downloaded the self-hypnosis mp3 file from the site that Pride suggested and have found it to be very helpful. I, too, have listened to it almost daily for the past 38 days and it has been very effective in helping me relax and staf focused on remaining AF. It is reasonably priced and you have it immediately. I have it on my iPod and fall asleep every night listening to it....
                      John
                      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Pride before Fall.
                        I Like what your therapist said(very insightful)!
                        What I am having real difficulty with is SEX-(I've alway's had a few martini's to get me in
                        the mood. Now I' m never in the mood! And when I do get going, its like just going through the motions)
                        I know my Husband is not diggin it! He's used to me acting like a freak!
                        Is this going to pass too?

Comment

HaveFaith - I personally found that alcohol supressed my libido, any drunken activity was not because I was in the mood but more just for the hell of it. Now like the rest of my feelings Im very much in touch with how I feel sexually and definately went through an awakening so hang on in there
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Thank you for posting this... and for all of the responses. I thought I was the only one that felt this was. It seems like my mind fills with anxiety and worry over circumstances in my life that alcohol can erase very temporarily. On the one hand I know alcohol doesn't fix any of my problems, on the other, there a times I feel like I just can't stand what's going through my head for another minute. I like everyone's responses.... It's just normal life and I need to start living it. I do fell proud of myself when I don't drink, but then I mentally go through the long list in my head of what's wrong with my life.

I am scheduling an appt. with a therapist that I hope helps. I think my problem is that I think I'm a naturally pessimistic person by nature and I really need to and want to get over it. Thanks again for posting.

Comment

outstanding job, 30 days af! wayyyyyyy to go!!!!

Comment

Looking for peace,
                                It's so easy to do alot of stuff whille under the influence! Geez, give me a few & my clothes just seem to fall off!But now it seems I have to put in so much more emotionaly & spriitualy,and I'm not yet equipped with that. So with that being said,it makes for a very uncomfortable situation.(But I guess I never quiet felt comfortable in my own skin, that's probably why I liked to be NUMB!)
                                I Just keep telling myself"Rome wasn't Built in One Day!"

Comment

Working...
                                X