Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 on site

Hi All
    How are you all today, its raining here in OZ.
    Well I feel a bit better today, have vacumed and done a bit of house cleaning, don't feel as sad and depressed, hope this is a good sign.Still have not had any al, today friday is usually my bad day, not going to drink tonight, did'nt buy any, so the temptation wont be there:
    Have been out for lunch with my son and daughter-in- law, really enjoyed that, My son called me and said, mum I'm coming to pick you up and were going to take you for lunch,he has not long dropped me home and he has gone back to work.
    I am still taking one day at a time.
    Hope you are all well, will catch up with you all later

Lillypond x

Day 3 on site

Hi lillypond, being busy & takeing it one day at a time is a good move,

have you got a plan ready for when your triggers arrive

keep reading the posts & threads here and share your thoughts & feelings, you are not alone.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 3 on site

Hi Lilly,
      Just waking up here in England. Glad you had a lovely time with your son and DIL.

Like mario says have you got a plan put together for the weekend. You don't need to make it complicated just write down your triggers and things that make you feel happy doing. You could write it down here or on a note pad.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 3 on site

Hi Lilly and welcome!
        Sounds like you have a caring Son there. Weekend can be tricky so make sure you have plenty distractions and if you are struggling please come here before you buy any booze, there is always someone to talk to. Identify the worst triggers for youself and avoid these situations, have you checked out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html there are lots of great tips here.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Day 3 on site

Hi mario JackieClaire & Chillgirl
          Hopefully I've got a back up plan for the weekend,got to to vote tomorrow, going to do some sewing, then in the evening going to visit friends, did the shopping on thurs, so no excuse to go to the shops, so wont be tempted to buy booze, sunday will be busy as well.
          I have a long struggle a head of me, but I dont want to think too far ahead at this point, but any advice will be gratefully appreciated,thank you heaps guys for all your support.
          hope you have a great weekend,will catch up tomorrow again.

Lillypond x

Comment

Day 3 on site

Lilly its great to hear you have made a plan for the weekend, please dont worry about the bigger picture right now, it will take care of itself. Thats why ODAT (one day at a time) works so well especially in the beginning, dont give yourself unnecessary stress to deal with. As long as you can be sober today thats what counts.

Another tip to remember which may be useful is not to allow yourself to become HALT (HUNGRY, ANGRY, LONELY or TIRED) as then your resistance goes down so self care is important, its the weekend! Pamper yourself a bit :l
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Day 3 on site

lllypond, you're doing great. its really good that you are aware the weekend may be difficult. identifying the triggers is a great start to coping with them. just keep busy and rest when you need to. be gentle with yourself, you are doing a fantastic thing here.
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Day 3 on site

hi lilly congrats on day 3,your doin fabulous just realising where it mite leed you,and dont be surprised if your son says somthin oneday,trust me they notice very quickly,use the suggestions people have givin you,it is a long road but it is worth it,gycco

Comment

Day 3 on site

Hi to you all
                  Thank you all for your support, my son and daughter already know I have a al problem, daughter has already confronted me with it, to say the least she is disgusted with me, and no I don't blame her, I'm disgusted with myself.hav'nt had al since last sat, it is good to get up in the morning feeling better, but this morning I have butterflys in my stomach, I wonder whats that all about, I think I'm getting scared, I dont know.has anyboby got any sugestions. well I'm away to keep myself busy, I hope I can keep this up, and also hope you don't mind me reporting on the site everyday.
                  Have a good weekend to all.

Lillypond x

Comment

Working...
                  X