• Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 days AF...such depression though

I know it will lift but i feel like shit

god, how did i ever get into this rat trap of a lifestyle :hug:

Hiya BigScot,

Are you exercising, and eating plenty of fruit and vegetables? We abused our mind, body, soul, for so long, that it can take awhile for us to adjust again when we're off the grog. Good nutrition, and exercise can really help our mood, and help repair our brain. Walk, jog, bike, swim, and keep busy and growing/challenging the new you. For me, when i stopped drinking, the depression and anxiety lifted quickly, as it was alcohol induced. But, if you're worried you may have depression present naturally, without the booze, check it out.

Best wishes, be patient, and keep on the path.
    Great going on 15 day's af. That's huge!
    G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You're right Zen. Hug's are good. One for you, :l and one for the big fella, :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

It is quite likely your neurotransmitters are temporarily "out of balance". It will get better and very soon, I predict. If it does not you should check in with your doc. You may have been self medicating a depression with alcohol.
        Alcohol use depletes the GABA system and these will slowly but surely restore over the next few weeks. Meanwhile do try to increase exercise and participate in things which used to be fun which don't involve booze.
        Sunny

Comment

Hiya Bigscotsman ...........

When I first went AF I expected everything to be perfect, I wouldn't get headaches, or anything , and I would be happy all of the time!!!!!!

But unfortunately that wasn't the truth .......... I still got anxiety and stuff ..... but with time it got better ............ It may mean a visit to your doctor for advice but I promise you that you CAN get through this ........

Love & hugs, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

I?m right there with you big guy! Today is AF Day #4. I am majorly bummed out right now. I think it?s because I know that normally I would be looking forward to a few Rum and Cokes and now I know that isn?t in the play book today. I couldn?t cave if I wanted to because I am on Antabuse.

Not sure if it will help but for me I keep thinking how great I will feel in a few days.

ItsJustMe

Comment

Hi Scots,

Good on you for 15 days :goodjob:
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Scots,
                Chocolate helped me feel better! x
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Hey zen, thanks, they made me smile

and 16 days today, feels good to wake up on top of the world

thanks all you guys :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                  X