X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There once was a man from nantucket....

Ok, I wont finish the limerick.
    :giggle:
    I'm 44 and very excited to start this new program. Been first seperated than divorced about 7 years or so. My wife and I both drank, but the issues ran deeper than that. I call it the Britenny Spears effect. Some women (not baggin on u girls) who hit 33 and then really want to be 22 again and find reasons to escape the family to club. The marriage didnt last long after that. Nice thing was a open custody agreement that by practice basically they have been with me full time. They are now 16 and 17 and I'm very proud of them. While I want to get healthy for all the regular reasons, I def. want this addiction to end with me and spare them the pain. I've been very honest to them about drinking and its effects and dangers and the evidence of our very addicted extended family shows them either path they can choose. they have also witnessed thier mom's tragicdownward spirel.:upset:

I'm calling today, Day One, although last nights party ended around two. Close enough for hand grenades

Got the program in place and am excited to start. I always knew stopping drinking would open many many new opportunities and it;ll be fun to see them as they show up.

So here goes:thanks:

Sober since 8/24/10.......

Cheers....Symbols:new:
    Symbols!

Symbols........

You come to the right place ! Check out all the options on this site to help you ! The Book, herbals , cd's. Plus the the support you can get from all of us ! Pick a site , pick a couple.....lot's of us run into two or three sites for help or comments.....Welcome ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Welcome, Symbols, to this forum and to your new Alcohol Free life. You have a "get our of jail free" card. Use it well. There are lots of threads to research. Lots of wisdom. you have taken the first step. Your family is a wonderful resource of motivation and strength as well. Congrats on day 1
      Sunny

Comment

Hi

Welcome Symbols:welcome:

Comment

Welcome symbols, you seem a very positive and know what you want type of person, fair play to ya, you have come to a great place with lots of support & advice, post daily your thoughts and feelings and hope to see you around x

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:welcome: Symbols I really like your positive attitude and I'm sure that will help you achieve the sobriety your looking for. Sometimes I think in cases like ours Children make the best parents!!

Look forward to seeing you around
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

OMG, I do know the rest of that limerick! It inspired my husband to buy a whole book of them, long ago in our first few years of marriage. Now it's 30 years later, and life is good in a different way. Welcome! The support, education and resources here are wonderful.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks all, ilook forward to getting to know you all better and I said to melf a few minutes ago "boy it feels good to feel good this morning"!

Thanks tons for the support!

Symbols
                Symbols!

Comment

Welcome symbols! Congratulations on the desire to change your life for the better!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

symbols;943362 wrote: Thanks all, ilook forward to getting to know you all better and I said to melf a few minutes ago "boy it feels good to feel good this morning"!

Thanks tons for the support!

Symbols
                    :welcome: Symbols

Im still saying that to myself every morning! AF life is wonderful and gets better and better, glad to have you aboard
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Welcome Symbols!
                      Keep your positive attitude and you will go far! And you are no longer alone in this, you have us!
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Welcome Symbols. I'm looking forward to getting to know you much better. Keep posting and sharing. I wosh you well on your journey!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:welcome: symbols!

Glad you found us, this is a good place!
                          Take advantage of all that is offered here - the MWO Book, the Toolbox to help you make your Plan, the Supplements, the Hypnotherapy CDs & of course all the wonderful support here

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X