Just joined this site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined this site.

I'm Eighteen. I'm an alcoholic. I'm a smoker. I'm addicted to caffiene. :new:
    I'm so lost in addiction I can't even remember who I am. I can see glimpses of that persons now and then, but never for long.
    I feel scared, hopeless, empty. Then I pick up that first drink, and it's all replaced by guilt.
    I'm in the early stages of AA, and I've started going to church, but this disease is progressing at such a rapid rate that my soul is slowly slipping away. Occassionally I can make one day of sobriety, just one. For those of you who believe in a higher power, please pray for me as I pray for others who suffer this affliction.

God,
    Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change,
    the COURAGE to change the things I can,
    and the KNOWLEDGE to know the difference.

Just joined this site.

Hi Mara and welcome to this wonderful site, i am new myself but i am sure there will be more experienced welcomes to follow....
    You are brave for taking the first step and sometimes we have to experience all those horrible feelings to get us started, have a look around the site, hope to talk to you again xxxx

Comment

Just joined this site.

Hi mara & sunshine, welcome to mwo this is a great community here with lots of support and good advice from people who are/have been there, read as many posts and threads as you can also you might want to take a look at the tool box which is in the monthly abstinence thread,give yourselves a chance as you did not get where you are re alcohol over night so you want get any quick fix over night,hope you both stick it out and i see you around the boards.Goodluck :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Just joined this site.

Hi Mara!!! Just wanted to say :welcome:!!

You are very adult in your 18 how you desribed your activities..And you did your fisrt step signing here!! Please stay here!!!
        I have daughter, she'll be soon 18..She doesn't have problem, i have..

But i can understand why young people start to be friends with al..

Stay sober today!! When i'll pray i'll pray for you too..

audrey
        The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
        /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Just joined this site.

Hello Mara and welcome. It may not seem it to you now but it is fantastic that you have realised at such and early age that there is a big problem and brilliant that you are doing something about it by joining AA and coming here. These things have helped so many people over the years to turn their lives totally around.
          You can do this and if it takes one hour at time then thats what it takes. As Mario mentioned have a read of the toolbox
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
          and pop into the newbies nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

They are good places to start and the support, advice and help here is extraordinary, do stick around and keep reading and posting.
          Keep safe
          KTAB
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Just joined this site.

Mara a warm welcome to you

It's wonderful to see someone your age trying to stop before it's too late. I wish I had asked for help 15 years ago. Otherwise I would not have become an alcoholic I think.

I attend AA meetings but I also find MYO to be immensely supportive in keeping me on the straight and narrow. This site can be more insightful because not everyone wants to share at AA meetings..wheras it's easier to anonymously write down your feelings on here. I dont have a sponsor yet but the people on here really help me in staying sober. :l

There is a thread in the month abstinence section particularly for people who go to AA. Come and joion us if you feel like it. x
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Just joined this site.

Mara a very warm :welcome: Alot of good advice has already been given and I would like to echo that its great you have recognised your addiction now at your age....good luck on your journey :l
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Just joined this site.

Mara :welcome:

Its great that you are doing something about your drinking and I wish you much strength in the journey ahead. AA has fantastic people who will be a great support and this site is an amazing place offering so much advice and a wealth of experience. Please check in regularly and let us know how you are doing and ask for help when you need it, there is always someone here 24/7. Im glad you found us :l
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Just joined this site.

Hi Mara, Welcome...I am quite new here to and It is a soft landing place for us all who struggle with addiction no matter how young or old. It is fantastic that you have recognised at such a young age that you have a problem!!!!! Admitting the problem in the first place is a massive step forward to recovery and healing....well done Mara. Do you have a support network of family or friends? Hopefully you do...if not you will find them here in abundance on MWO. as the others have said Mara look at The Toolbox...keep checking in and posting..asking questions...if you havent already maybe think of getting your family doctor involved as well. Good luck on your journey we are here for you all the way:h
                  I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Just joined this site.

Hi

Hi Mara
                    Im new here myself, well done at such a young age,i wish it had been me it would have saved me years of pain and torment.Stay here where you will get some wonderful support. My prayers are with you and all here.God Bless:welcome:

Comment

Just joined this site.

Hi Mara,

Just wishing you a warm :welcome: Great that you are reaching out for help. It is the first step.

K x
                      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Just joined this site.

I'm new here too! 26 and quit alcohol 3 years ago. Struggling at the moment...
                        "The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,but in having new eyes" -Marcel Proust

Comment

Just joined this site.

:welcome: hi mara. just adding my welcomes. this is a great place for support and advice. read read and read a bit more and post to let us know how you're doing. well done for recognising you have a problem
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Just joined this site.

Welcome mara - This place has worked wonders for me, keep posting reading and asking for help. We are here for you!
                            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Just joined this site.

Mara, welcome.
                              the next few days may be difficult, but hang on to couple of things:
                              acknowledging you have a problem, truley is the first step to being able to change it.
                              be proud of yourself for having the strength to want to be free, espcially at your age, where there is so much peer presure to conform (i am inpressed!!!).
                              when you beat this now, you have a bright future to look forward to, no regrets.
                              good luck hun
                              keep posting & lets us know how you go.
                              *Witchy*
                              Progress, not perfection!!!
                              A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X