X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure where I am.

Hi choice!

Good to see you & congrats on your 7+ months AF

I imagine you do feel nervous about attending the wedding AF but you can do it!
    Believe it or not, each time you say no thanks to the offer of a drink - your resolve to remain AF strengthens! It's a wonderful gift really! I've learned to feel grateful

Hope you enjoy the wedding!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm not sure where I am.

Choice hunni, so good to hear from you, I have been wondering how you & your BF were doing, so please to hear its going well.
      looking forward to catching up, i would love to hear how your trip home went.
      XX
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

I'm not sure where I am.

Wow... So just checking in. I've read through most of the thread but trying to go just a little easy on myself at the moment as I have a hangover and trying to get back on track. I flew home a couple of months ago to see my family. I hadn't been back in nearly 3 years. on the flight after my trip. I had a drink on the plane. This is after about 3 years sober. (I'd completely stopped counting... An had one slip maybe 2 years ago when I drank wine one night and then got right back on track.

Long story short. I didn't do the same thing this time. I'd say I'm more off the wagon. And have been for maybe 2 months... I'm not sure. I'm just reading here today and it is comforting. I'm not in a bad way. Just trying to understand what the hell I'm doing drinking when I enjoy my sober life so much.

Comment

I'm not sure where I am.

Welcome back, Choice! You are so smart not to let this get out of hand. All the best to you, NS

Comment

I'm not sure where I am.

Hop back on the AF train with us Choice!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I'm not sure where I am.

Welcome back Choice!

I'm glad you decided to check in now & hope you are ready to do what you need to do
              Three years AF is wonderful, do you know why you decided to drink again?

I really believe that staying connected to MWO has helped me to fully understand that we all need ongoing support. I have always been grateful & don't see any reason for leaving the site.
              Jump back in the Newbies Nest for a while if you need to, it's still busy as ever

Wishing you the very best!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm not sure where I am.

Wow Choice- Three Years! That's completely wonderful- Very Proud of you! :goodjob:

DId something change recently that has changed your midset about AL?

I know that when I go down the Rabbit Hole I am usually in the WTF mindset- Get's me everytime. :upset:
                I sometimes stay distant from MWO but the pull here is simply too strong for me and I usually head back in after a few days....I think that helps a lot. Just knowing that we are all still here, like the ocean. None of us are going away- even if you don't see us right away.:l

Stay CLose, Sweetie:h:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                X