X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help!

Hi Jackieclaire. Cross posted. x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

I need some help!

Day 7 done

Well this is the end of Day 7 and Week 1 AF!!! - yahoo, yeeha, whoop whoop :jumpin::jumpin:
      Never thought I?d make it this far and definitely wouldn?t have without the support of everyone on this site. I still have a thick head and borderline headaches that come and go and I feel on a bit of an emotional roller coaster, my sleep is still disturbed and restless but it is better than it was this time last week.

The cravings have settled but the urges seem to come out of nowhere however I have my plan in place and am coping so far, I am concerned how I?ll cope in social situations but plan on avoiding them as much as possible for the next month. I know that I have issues to sort out but have decided to put them aside for September and devote the month to me and getting sober ? that?s my No 1 priority.

I do feel very pleased and proud of myself tonight though and it?s a long time since I felt like that, it?s a good feeling to start and get some integrity and honesty back and not lead a life of lies and deceit, I am sure many of you know what I mean. I?m moving over to join Sunbeam and gang with the Sober September Challenge tomorrow but I can?t thank you all enough for your help and kindness this past week. You are an amazing bunch of folk.

Still a long way to go but I am hopeful and optimistic for once.

Dewdrop :hug:
      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

I need some help!

:goodjob:

So how about another week?
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

I need some help!

All of us in the September group look forward to supporting you. It will be a great AF party!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I need some help!

Dewdrop you are a star! Congrats on 1 week AF. Keep drinking plenty water to help flush out the toxins and hopefully get rid of these headaches. You are right to avoid socializing until you are feeling much stronger, nothing is socially important enough to sacrifice your sobriety, put that right out your head for now. The friends I usually met for drinks I switched to meeting for lunch or coffee. Your sleep should improve a lot in the next week and you are going to enjoy feeling so good about yourself, make sure you relish those 1st moments in the morning when you wake up without a hangover!
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

I need some help!

Yay dewdrop; SB I'm on board to begin tomorrow. Sept. is a great month as it goes with the 'new beginnings' feeling of when we were young and the new school year started. So nice to have all the cheerleaders here for we struggling newbies...
              From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
              But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
              determined to be AF

Comment

I need some help!

:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering: :cheering:
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

I need some help!

Im scared and just starting out too!

HI,
                  I am going through the exact same thing as you are. IM SCARED. You are not alone. I can't tell anyone because I am so ashamed.:new:

My life is full. I have two beautiful healthy kids, a great family and a great job. Why isn't that enough motivation for me?

it started out a year ago (wasn't a big drinker before) my husband and I broke up and since then I have had a bottle of wine to two each day. I feel like crap each morning. I have gained 15 pounds. I have wanted to stop but wine is the only thing that I have found that took my mind off of bills, sadness, loneliness, stress... You all know.

I have always justified this is 'just a stage' but i don't think it is, or I no longer believe I can do it. I always thought 'it doesn't affect my work' or I am still responsible, until today. I missed a meeting at work and... Not only missed the meeting but just didn't show up to a lunch meeting with someone who drove 2 hours to meet me. I drank 2.5 bottles of wine last night and if that wasn't enough got up at 1am and finished off the third bottle. I am so down in the dumps. Right now I don't want to drink but what about tomorrow? How do I make it through. Im being mean to everyone. I have tired working out, yoga, massages, xanax,

Please help me and guide me. I looking forward to being free.

Comment

I need some help!

Hi formy,
                    I understand your desparation..I never thought I could give up my wine despite it causing me absolute misery. Could you at least try one day of not drinking? Thats how I started. Good luck. x
                    Be strong-

Comment

I need some help!

Formykids

Thanks everyone and Rebirth I?m heading for 30 days AF not just another week!

Formykids I completely understand how you feel I was right there only a week ago and I still haven?t told anyone how far I had sunk apart from my friends here on MYO, you have come to the right place. I was drinking a bottle of wine a night and more on weekends for years but it escalated very quickly in July and within 6 weeks I was on 2 bottles a night and more on weekends, actually I was buying 3 litre boxes because they were easier to carry and dispose of than bottles. Scary stuff.

The week before last I cancelled 2 important work meetings because I was too drunk to drive or attend and I managed to get away with it but last Tuesday I drank all day on an admin day at home and was too hungover to go to work the next day. I was in despair when I woke up because I knew I couldn?t cope any longer and I registered on this site.

You can download the Toolbox and just read, read and read some more, there?s a thread called What I Hate, Loath & Just Can?t Stand About Drinking which is great and everyone here will offer support. I copy and paste everything I see onto a word document and print it off and keep in a folder to read later. Start your own thread and ask for help and the others will be with you in no time.

All you need is one day under your belt and you are started.

Good luck
                      Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

I need some help!

Dew and formy if I can do then so can you. Sending loads of inner strength to you both
                        Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                        X