Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone??

I'm not sure exactly how to word this, so please bear with me.

This is definitely the best section for people who are coming here for the first time, need direction, help. I, and many others, constantly refer people here.

The only reason for me to post here is that I want EVERYONE who comes here, for one hour, or one year, to understand there are no restrictions on the General Discussion threads, or others. It occurred to me that some feel they have to 'graduate', and nothings further from the truth.

We are in all stages, either of recovery, or sadly, the disease. No one is (or at least SHOULD be) censored for trying to get help here. This should be a free flowing site, ideally, with people moving wherever they're comfortable constantly. And with the same credo this site was intended for.

So, unless I've completely muddled it, I HOPE I've given every new person an invitation to check out all the sections, threads, posts.

Make this a good day, and be good to yourselves.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Anyone??

Nicely put Ruby. We want to make sure everyone feels welcome
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Anyone??

PS: I don't know of any place you have to DESERVE to be (at least on this plane of existence! :H).
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Anyone??

Raising my hand to wrongfully feeling that you need to get some good sober time in order to move out of "Just Starting Out".

Thank you for writting that Ruby, Im sure I am not the only one who has felt that way (Or am I?) LOL.

Your a real sweetheart and that picture of you and your family is absolutly BEAUTIFUL. YOUR beautiful!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Anyone??

welcome come one and all ..lets get this show on the road and use everything this site has to offer
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Anyone??

Here Here Rubes!

Overit - what we need on every section of this site is a cross section of view points from all angles of addiction and sobriety no matter how many days sober. We have endless amounts to learn from each other....
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Anyone??

Rubes,

What a wonderful post. You stated it the way it is.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Anyone??

OverIt2007;944331 wrote: Raising my hand to wrongfully feeling that you need to get some good sober time in order to move out of "Just Starting Out".
                I kinda feel the same way with Monthly abs.... Isn't it suppose to be about people committing to 30 days? Well anyway, I just hope that some day I can be a part of their 'click'. I have been reading there a long time and was scared to post until two days ago. I am just thankful that Marshy acknowledged my post. Meanwhile the rest of them just carried on their conversation like I didn't exist.

Oh Well. Hopefully I can blend in somewhere on this site.
                If you want something bad enough - you can achieve it!

Comment

Anyone??

Jewel,

I am so sorry you felt unwelcomed by the crew on monthly abs. I am sure it was not intended.

They are a great group and will welcome you with open arms.

Sometimes a thread gets started on some point and people post to that.

You are welcome there, more than welcome. They would love you there.

I post there a lot and have had many serious relapses. They still love me and I still love them.

Please join them. You will have fun and learn how to get sober. They are a wonderful group of people who knows what it takes to get and stay sober.

And there are no dues. Just show up and post.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Anyone??

Hey Jewel!

You know, sometimes there might feel like a bit of a "hit or miss" factor for all of us. That could be due to any number of reasons, maybe just people being busy or whatever! I have missed peoples posts to me, and I know people have missed some of my posts to them. I think we should never take things too personal and just keep trying to find our connections. Or just keep reading. Sometimes I think thats where I learn the most.

I always follow your story Jewel, you blend in with me girl, and I know lots of others care about you too!

Comment

Anyone??

Thank you, Cindi for your post.

It made me feel a bit better. I know how web sites are.... people getting to know others and 'outsiders' feel like they are stepping on someone's territory.

But, thank you for being so kind in responding.

Comment

Anyone??

Jewel!

Girl, dont skip over my post to YOU.

See what I mean, LOL!

Comment

Anyone??

Thanks OverIt!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Comment

Anyone??

LOL Cross post Central here today!!

Your Welcome. You can also P.M. me ANYTIME too!!

Comment

Anyone??

Ruby, you are always so welcoming and loving to new people who visit and I do hope everyone feels welcome. When I first came on the site, I went directly to chat. Didn't even know about forums, threads and post. Jewel and Sheri, some of the threads just get too many people in them. I am so thankful I found my home, my little family in (the journey starts here so get your ass in gear". I know that these people love and care about me, even when I keep falling down, they are there to pick me up and encourage me. If I'm depressed, mad, upset, whatever, they help me through it and listen to me moan and groan! I think you would enjoy popping in and reading some posts. We are a small group of loving, caring, encouraging people! I'm so thankful I found this site 7 months ago, even though I am back at day 18, I could have never made it without all the love and encouragement I have received here! So come on in, visitors and you will find lots of wonderful people here! Love, Vicki
                              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                              X