Drinking for a special occasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in a couple of weeks its one of my best friends birthday, other friends of ours are telling me I have to drink because its a special occasion, (once I got serrious about it I only did my drinking alone - so these friends dont know why I always choose to be the sober driver).

"Well its still going to be a special occasion weither I drink or not" is going to be my answer.

Anyway how ironic is this, my friend whose birthday it is used to be my drinking buddie, oh yes we used to get on it, he is a very heavy weekend drinker, but he is the one who supports me in my decision not to drink, & always tells others off for giving me a hard time for not drinking.
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Sounds like you have your plan in place. Designated driver. You'll have a blast w/o the alcohol. Anyway who tells someone called Witchy that they have to drink? I wouldn't!!! Have a GREAT time...John
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

You have made a good decision. You are living for yourself, not others.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

What a great answer! May I steal that phrase? You Go Girl!

Comment

I think that is a great answer. I've been thinking up answers to why I'm not drinking all day. It's so personal.. whew! I've been told to drink before because of occasions or because people just wanted me to join in. I've drank so many times when I didn't want to and been left stumbling around at the end of the night wondering where everybody went. Stay strong. People will always pressure us to drink for any reason not just special occasions.

Comment

thanks guys, SunnyV, feel free to steel away.
            *Witchy*
            Progress, not perfection!!!
            A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

You are an adult and do not have to consume anything unless you want to. Tell them to sod off.

Comment

Ukblonde;945003 wrote: You are an adult and do not have to consume anything unless you want to. Tell them to sod off.
                Yep, sod off, bugger off, feck off...the list is endless!! Amazing isn't it? I was saying before how I had a friend (who drinks a fair bit) actually talk me out of giving up AL about a year ago.

I've tried a whole load of excuses over the past few weeks, but the one that's working the best for me when someone asks why I'm not drinking is "I'm happier without it" - people just can't come up with a decent arguement against that one
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                X