ODAT Friday Aug 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Friday Aug 27

Today hubby and I will go to the New York State Fair in Syracuse. Just so many things to see and do! Drinking opportunities will include the tasting booth for New York State wines, and probably some beer to go with the Italian Sausage in the photo brochure. Not me, not today!

I'm also hoping the cortisone shot in my back will ease the walking a bit, but not counting on it. They told me that it takes 2-7 days to feel any effects. I'll take along my walking pole.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

ODAT Friday Aug 27

sounds like a lot of fun sunbeam...except yep stick away from the temptation huh!
    hope your cortisone kicks in shortly - you must be sick to death of the discomfort!

day 4 finished for me.
    despite lots of extenuating circumstances, i'm still af. phew.

Comment

ODAT Friday Aug 27

Have a great time sunbeam. There was so much temptation on my recent holiday ( all inclusive drinks!!!) that I caved after 5 weeks AF. I had planned to moderate but couldn't so its AF for me from now on . Well done beagle. Day 5 for me and feeling ok. Actually slept well last night for the first time in 2 weeks!
      :lilangel:

Comment

ODAT Friday Aug 27

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Beagle. I have stenosis at the ripe old age of 56, so I've got a long road of activity ahead. Just keep moving I say, no matter what anyone else says, but don't go crazy. Don't be afraid to try is good advice from a good friend. We bought the fair tickets before I had the shot, knowing I might not be at my best but I'm as good now as I was before the shot. Yesterday my back was achey and I had trouble sleeping the night after the shot. Surgery is rarely a good thing except for joint replacements.

Congrats on your 4 days and your 5 Spinning J. I guess you've been up for hours while we're getting underway!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

ODAT Friday Aug 27

Heya guys!!!

Just sticking my head in here to see how you're all fairing

ODAT still definately the way for me. But one of the most valuable things done over the past couple of months was to build new friendships with people who don't drink and don't care about my background... easier said then done though.

Tonight I'm going to a AF restaurant with AF peeps!! Love the fact that I won't have to worry about the temptation lurking.

Well flipping done to you all. The first couple of days are so tough. Keep fighting the good fight!!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Friday Aug 27

hey odaters...
            Johnny...are u back??? Yaya!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
            X