Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here again

I'm here again... New name, new lfe .... well thats my theory

I actually first joined at the beginning of this year and thanks to the support of people here I quit for 30 days and then 15 days respectively... So now I'm back again after a few spectactular months on the booze.... why do I drink? I have no idea I love being sober but somehow I always go back there.... why do want to wake up hungover and wondering what the hell I posted online the previous night?

So last night, well actually yesterday afternoon that evil bottle of Vodka talked to me... so with that and the red wine in the pantry... (I've been so good lately... just the odd glass of wine here and there.... my GP finally diagnosed me as has having depression and the meds have helped) and anyway it all went crazy from there once again... waking up wondering what I said or did once again..

So I'm here drunk from the hair of the dog which is my excuse for daytime drinking..... trying to remember what I was going to post hered.....
    AF since 31/08/2010... every day the AF total gets bigger...

So do you drink Lee? .... Actually no I don't Jeff........

Here again

There hardest part done hitting send.....

Comment

Here again

Hi Design,

So I'm here drunk from the hair of the dog>>

When the dog is bald, it's time to stop, right?

My 2 cents would be, get rid of all the alcohol in the house before you lose another day to it (you won't get it back). Knowing from experience how hard that is once you're into it, though, for an additional 2 cents I'd say if you choose not to dump it, don't replace it.

Hitting send is like a walk in the park compared to how we feel about ourselves over alcohol dependence:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

You have a combined 45 days AF this year--not too shabby! Pick up and keep going, Design :l, keep going.
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Here again

Hi Design for Life,

Glad you decided to come back, you know this is a good place!

You can do this IF you make a solid commitment & make a good plan for yourself!
        Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas for your plan.

Dump all the booze/wine in your house tonight. I did that, made a real ceremony of it too so I wouldn't forget how I was feeling at the time.
        If you have the Hypnotherapy CDs use them. If you don't then I recommend getting them. They really helped me change my thinking about AL & learn to relax without it. I had been diagnosed with anxiety & depression as well. Drinking just made it that much worse.

Be sure to sign in everyday, stay close because the support is invaluable.
        Wishing you the best!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Here again

Lav you were one of my inspirations last time I was here....

I hate being addicted to drink, I love being sober, I hate giving my h/b ammunition to humiliate me over my drinking although he drinks, he's always the first to open the wine... the first to say yes when I suggest nipping out to buy more.....

Last night was supposed to be my last "perfect" night to quit drinking, I had wine and a small bottle of brandy... (I know it was another excuse to drink if I'm honest) then I woke up to his comments about me drinking one more glass than him... blah blah blah so I ended up having a glass of wine and finishing his vodka in spite.... giving him yet more reasons to goad me later and for me using his behaviour as one more excuse for my reasons to drink...

I hate myself right now, I hate my weaknesses, I hate giving him ammunition, I hate being to weak to quit this addiction.... I have so many reasons to be sober.....

Comment

Here again

Pride before Fall;945239 wrote: Hi Design,

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html
            Thank you for sending me this, it has just brought reality back to me...

Comment

Working...
            X