What was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was I thinking?

As I had my hair restyled yesterday, they offered me a glass of wine and I said yes!! That then led to 2 bottles. I missed a meal I'd planned and been looking forward to all week and I've pulled a sickie at work today. I'd done 7 days and wasn't even thinking about AL. If I'd just said no to that offer of wine like I should have I'd be at work right now chatting about what a good time we all had at the meal last night. At least I definatly know now that I cannot moderate. xx
    AF since 19th August 2011

What was I thinking?

its things like that that we dont prepare for. out of the blue so you didnt have a plan in place. at least it has made you aware, maybe you can learn from it and keep your guard up. rest today and get back on board.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

What was I thinking?

Hi time to change
      you sound just like me.. we just have to say no to that first glass.. so hard but works
      I had the same experience today - was offered a glass of wine and said yes.. but just as it was about to be poured said 'actually no I won't'... came that close
      take care
      Patrice

Comment

What was I thinking?

Hya Time,

Been there, done that -thinking one will be alright. But look at the positive, yes you have learnt you can't moderate. Beware though, as I told myself that MANY times, only to have al tell me that THIS time it would be different. It has been ok to have 1 or 2 fewer times than I can count on the fingers of one hand...

Never mind, get back on the horse, so to speak. Seven days is an achievement, and one which you will surpass next time.
        K x
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

What was I thinking?

Time to change;945962 wrote: At least I definatly know now that I cannot moderate. xx
          If you learned that, then BRAVO. I had a lot of pain and frustration along with an inability to stop drinking until I figured that one out. So the whole thing was worth it if you have truly accepted that point.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X