Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi My Name's Chris and I'm an alcoholic

:new:
    Just found this site by accident but I'm glad I have. I'm an alcoholic who is desperate to quit for the sake of himself and also his loved ones. I've been a drinker in various degrees of excess since I was about 16. To date drink has cost me my first marriage, my job, my car, my driving licence, nearly all my assets and just recently had left me homeless, with my new girlfriend whom I love more than life itself about to leave me if I don't stop. I am desperate to stop now, I've joined AA and attend as many meetings as physically possible, I've sought medical advice but my GP here in Cyprus cannot prescribe me Antabuse or Disulfuram, both of which I have taken in the past with some degree of success. I stopped drinking for 2 years and only started again earlier this year but with disastrous effects. I've been in sobriety now for 5 days and the initial cravings have passed but it's very difficult because other members of the household drink openly in front of me, however, this is my last chance I think to prove to myself that I can do it and so here I am !!! Wish me luck!

Hi Chris,

My name is Cindi and I am a drunk.

:welcome:

Is there anyway you might be able to order Antabuse online? I haven't checked into that but it might be worth a shot. Of course only if you can find a reputable supplier.

I tried Antabuse and found myself trying to drink on it.

But, it is a good deterrent and a great way to start out with sobriety.

I am glad you are here.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey there Chris,

A very big welcome to you.

Check out the toolbox thread, lot of great advice in there.

Keep reading and keep posting,

You have come to the right place.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi Chris,
        Welcome! It sounds like this is a great time for change in your life. You may want to consider posting on the Sober September thread which I just started, since you already have a little AF time under your belt. I group of people will get together, posting daily on that thread so we can support each other. There is I think also an AA thread under Monthly Abstinence, so you might prefer to post there since you are already on that road. Best of luck to you, there is tremendous strength and wisdom on this forum.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi my name is Doggygirl and I'm an alcoholic too. My Way Out + AA has been my formula for sobriety so far. Glad you found us! Have you read the My Way Out book? You might find some of the nutritional deficiency information interesting and helpful in your quest. I suggest finding some daily sobriety threads and getting involved. I post regularly in the Daily AF Thread and also the Weekly AA Thread both of which can be found in the Monthly Abstinence section of the forum.

Strength and hope to you one day at a time.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi

Hi Chris

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
            This is a great place for advice and support,i am on day 12 myself.Wishing you well in this journey we are all on together:l

Comment

Hello Chris and welcome xx
              AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

:welcome:
                Hi Chris....you have come to the right place for advice and support.

I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Welcome Chris, I wish you strength in beating this.
                    Keep safe
                    KTAB
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Welcome to the greatest place on earth for someone trying to GET and STAY sober! There are so many wonderful people here who will cheer you on and encourage you when you are down. I wish you all the best of luck and love! Vicki
                      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

:welcome: Chris

I too like many of us found this site by accident and it saved my life. You sound like you are really ready to give this your all and I look forward to seeing you here amongst these wonderful supportive people....
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Welcome Chris!

My name's Greg, and i'm a problem drinker.
                          That 2 years of sobriety is a great advantage, and weapon you can use in this battle. You must have positive memories of that sober experience to know how good your life can be, so use this to help get you sober again. Gratitude thinking over deprivation thinking. Great stuff on 5 day's af. Go for it, and nail it!

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

HI Chris,

Welcome, I am new here also...and can wholeheartedly tell you that you have found a very soft place to land. I am sober now for six weeks and getting stronger ODAT. I found this site by accident too and I am so very glad that I did. It has helped me in so many ways, the support from people from all over the world with so many different backgrounds and experiences....bringing all of this knowledge and energy together on this one site is powerful and amazing. I wish you well on you r journey to a happy and sober life...Janeen
                            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hi Chris,

Finding this site was no accident. I believe all things happen for a reason!
                              I've had much success here, the support has been invaluable.

Wishing you the best on your kourney

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X