Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober (AF) September Challenge

Last day of September Guys!
    Hope you are all getting ready for the sober party later, my dress is looked out ready to go...

I vote we should have some yummy food, some embarrassing sober dancing, some party games and of course fireworks!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Happy 30th September. Sunny autumn day here on Merseyside. Looking forward to a run this morning and will really try not to be grumpy with Mr Anon.

Comment

Haha, love that Anon, my hubs thinks he can't be grumpy with me or I'll hit the bottle - needless to say I don't disallusion him on that one!! Oh and of course I can be as grumpy as I like!! Great to see you Sid was getting worried. I love the idea of us posting what we got out of the month. Am going to work and will be back this evening after mulling over that thought.
        I'm not big into emotional outbursts but I love this thread
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Happy 30th September to all,
          I'm going to have to have one of me big thinks about the month.

But in the meantime, click on the link below and use it to work out how many days,minutes, even down to seconds of your AF days.

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

I use it every Sunday for the shout out.

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wow, I can't believe this thread is coming to an end today. What a month, and what am I happy about - the first and foremost is that I made it to my 33rd day today and that I am reconnecting with my inner peace.

Thanks to all of you, I really truly could not have done it without coming here daily. I will continue to do so as we head into October. :h

:bday3:
            ready to bust a move at the party LOL I love to dance...

Comment

Good morning everyone and Happy End of September! Today is day 23 for me. It hasnt been easy but it has been worth it. Thanks to those of you that invited me onto this tread and have kept me motivated and laughing though it. Cant wait to see what Oct brings. Hope all is well with everyone and that next month brings us more strength and awareness. Have a great day!

Comment

What I have loved about this challenge---
                I started late 5th September but was welcomed immediately and listened to and always felt understood.
                Got some brilliant advice and reading some/most of your posts helped me feel I was not on my own with this problem.
                I LOVE being sober and think I am a different person over these past few weeks.
                I LOVE being able to go out in the car any time and not worry about being over the limit.
                I LOVE not having the runs when I go running-- I had not realised that was the booze.
                I LOVE my sleep.
                I do not love having to face up to me

Comment

A big hello and congratulations to Chill, Sid, Sunbeam, anon, Molly, JC, Peace, Dewdrop, choice, Tippylou, DG, enja and everyone else on the challenge!!!!! We did it! :goodjob:
                  This thread has really helped me so I just want to say a big:thanks: to you all for your support!!!
                  This year I have had a fair ammount of AF time then around the 5 week mark I choose to drink again which ends in a binge and all the s**t that goes with it. This time I really think I've beat it . I'm at day 39 AF today and feel fit and healthy ( lost weight too!) and positive about the future. So far to celebrate I've been swimming and had a costa coffee! Tomorrow on 1st Oct I will be 40 days AF. Hope someone will be starting the Sober October thread as I joined in april and haven't even started my own thread yet!!! Anon good luck with the 10km Sun you will be on form after all your AF time.
                  :l :h
                  :lilangel:

Comment

Just wanted to add my congratulations to everyone for Sober September. Although I came in half way thru the month, it was so great to feel the energy and determination of everyone here. The positiveness here is contagious.
                    Keep up the hard work everyone and let's make Sober October even better!

:wd::goodluck:

Hipster
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

This is really an amazing group!!

:yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:

Have a fabulous end of September one and all!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Reading back over the last days messages, I realised that I wrote up the wrong date on the whiteboard in school today - lots of kids thinking it's the 29th!! Oops

Well, didn't September fly...

I LOVE the fact that I went to a party last night where I knew only one person, and didn't crave a drink, and didn't pressure myself to be the life and soul of the party, that it was okay to be quiet.

I LOVE the fact that I woke up this morning and, without realising it, thought "I love my sober life".

I LOVE the support I have found on MWO.

I struggle to love, but am prepared to embrace the fact that I am a work in progress, and that I only get out what I put in.

I commit to making more of an effort to live each day of October at a time, not freaking out about the future or worrying about the past. And I swear, I'm going to meditate every day. I promise!!!

By the way, are we calling the new thread Sober October (it rhymes) or ODAT October (for the alliteration) or what would everybody like? I don't mind as long as we have something going in to tomorrow!
                        AF since 13th July 2010
                        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

I think Sober October sounds good!
                          :lilangel:

Comment

I have a really stressful couple of months coming up , will need to be on this site a couple of times a day to succeed in Sober October....

Comment

Sorry to hear you have a stressful time coming up Peace, like we know, real life is stressful - facing up to the tricky situations sober is part of all this I suppose - I'm not one to talk, my most stressful time in the last year I caved and I regretted it so much you can never know. It also spiralled into luckily not an actual drinking spree, but a longing for booze that had all but gone previously - that longing continued for some time afterwards - it's so not worth it!!

I thought during the day what I got out of this thread. I feel like I have a group of friends here, I moved on from the Nest and felt a bit homeless for a day or two and then I landed here - it has been fun and serious, comfortable and realistic - bad moments for some folks - good moments for other folks but we're all here 30th Sept. healthier and stronger than we were a month ago, whether we slipped or slided a bit, we are here at the other end -:band2::disco::dancin::loveyou::yourespecial::new:
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks, everybody for your dedication and spirit on this thread this month. It has been a wonderful experience. I saw that Techie has already started a thread called Oksoberfest, under General Discussion, so maybe you all will be posting there?
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X