• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober (AF) September Challenge

Way to go, K9!

I am in!!

Comment

How exciting! I just counted over 20 people jumping on board, and still 2 days until we really start. Or maybe only one if you live in Austrailia or New Zealand, where the date arrives first. I hope that people will be trying and sharing all sorts of strategies ranging from Antabuse (already mentioned), to the med-free and supplement-free route. There are lots of good ideas on the Tool Box thread, which you can find under monthly abstinence. I think that September is a great time to get a new handle on life. January is a more typical time of year for resolutions, but I've always found that time after the holidays somewhat depressing. The cooler weather after summer heat and vacations I find rejuvinating! No one can promise success, but there is great power in a group like this. Take care all, and I hope you are doing whatever you deed to do to be ready for this. :welcome:
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm in. Sober September just sounds good! I'm new at this and it will also help to give me something to say if I get offered a drink during this month. It will even take me past my first 30 AF days and I love that idea.

Comment

I'm in too, can't commit to posting everyday - not because of drink, just a bit down in the dumps and don't always feel like communicating, but getting there.
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'd really like to join you all for September. I find I am not really reaching my goals on my own and really need to commit them somewhere....so why not here?? I struggle with the online thing, but I know from experience that it works for me too, as that was the only way I have managed to string 30 days together. I will try to also share some of myself and try to be helpful too.

I WILL COMMIT to 30 days AF this September as October is my birthday month and I want this to be my present to myself. There done....

Many thanks to Sunbeam for starting this, it is just what I need right now.

I am also looking forward to getting to know some of you too and sharing our goals and successes.

Comment

Sober September! Count me in! Thanks Sunbeam!

Comment

Wow Sunbeam you have a crowd. I feel like we are going back to school. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Molly! Glad you're here!
                  Freebird: My birthday is in October also...so let's do this together ok?
                  Good luck everyone, we CAN do this!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 and Freebird - it is my birthday in October too! Let's celebrate together! I toast us all, the Sober September gang, in slowly sipped ice-cold water and I am looking forward to this! We can do this with each other's support!

Comment

Hey Freebird,

I'm in as well. I also have a birthday in October (4th) and we have the same avatar! Let's stick together, all of us. I have 6 days under my belt after SO many false starts.

Here's to October!

CFW

Comment

Weird,,,,,weird and weirder....... my bithday is the 4th too and I will be..... AHEM....50. So to me this is a sign that this is truly a good, positive thread to be a part of. I know I need to be held accountable and look forward to being totally honest and sharing.

Comment

Freebird,

That is really something! Well, hopefully by Oct 4 we will be feeling fit and fine.

This is a good place, no doubt about it. I, too, will try to share more often than I have.

CFW

Comment

OK, 5 new members since I counted yesterday. This is going to be a great experience. I love that blue flower avatar, I believe it is tradescantia, AKA spiderwort. Sidney, it kind does feel like going back to school. Great time for new beginnings, learning new lessons, living in our new future instead of repeating the past.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Well, It's September 1st in New Zealand today and the sun is shining! We're coming into spring down under and I'm excited!! I'm 10 days AF today. My plan for Sober September is to eat healthy, work out, say no to events where people will be drinking, and keep in touch with my family.

Comment

Count me in! I have a 4 day fishing trip in Canada later this month, kinda of an annual thing. I'd been wondering if I'd be sober or not. I'm the type that would usually binge a couple of times a week, and used to be a daily drinker. So I'm not worried that it would cause me to spiral horribly. Now I'm wondering why I would? What's the gain but being one of the guys. Gonna bring some Ambian in case the night (and the drunks) get to be too much.

There.....Done....IN!
                                Symbols!

Comment

Working...
                                X