Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober (AF) September Challenge

:welcome: angie,
    You can get the L-Glut at most health food shops.
    Just click on the link below and it's a mine of info on L-Glut.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ine-37269.html

Great going on your 3 days AF

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi All
      I am so looking forward to getting to the end of this month & realising that I made, I feel full of confidence that with all our collective energy, we are all going to be happy with our sucess this month.
      heres to fighting the good fight!!!
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

JackieClaire;949720 wrote: :welcome: angie,
        You can get the L-Glut at most health food shops.
        Just click on the link below and it's a mine of info on L-Glut.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ine-37269.html

Great going on your 3 days AF

J x
        :l
        Thank you.

Comment

Meh, am triggering like hell today. I've had a full on week and feel that i deserve a drink... Help!
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Change,
            have you tried going & brushing your teeth, get that fresh mouth feeling, or drinking some pepermint tea?
            I find that helps me, & then you need to do somethng nice for yourself, maybe a long relaxing bath.
            keep talking, I will be on her for a while
            XX
            *Witchy*
            Progress, not perfection!!!
            A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Think about the 10th drink Change and how that makes you feel? Not quite so good huh?
              Just one of my tools - don't know if it works for others, give it a go?
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hey Molly,
                You are definitely in this group, you signed up, you are on the list. No one gets the boot if they don't check in for a day, even the first day. But we need your support here, all you have learned through your AF time. Nearly 5 months is a great accomplishment!

Change, a person here called Work In Progress put up a wonderful post regarding drinking to reward ourselves, which of course is a bad idea. I think it is in the toolbox thread under Monthly Abstinence. I have to get off to work so I don't have time to look for it now, but I will later today. I hope you made it through. If not, get back on the wagon, being sure to count your total AF days, not just consecutive ones.

Angie, stay with us. Day 3 is difficult for many. With a group this size, there should usually be someone around. Using L-glut will really help, we all need tools to get us through this but you have to choose your own. I can only share what works for me.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;949450 wrote:
                  Think about: what's your favorite AF beverage, what made you decide to quit drinking right now, what do you tell your friends, how do you deal with cravings, describe your family support or lack thereof. Please post additional questions you would like to learn from others.
                  At the moment im drinking tonic water with about half an inch of lemon juice squeezed into it... it devine if like me you dont like sweeet and sickly drinks. In cooler weather its got to be ginger and lemon tea!

I quit to save my life, I was becoming more depressed and suicidal. I had smashed up cars and my body. In the last 12 months it had all got worse, my AL intake had doubled and my injuries were becoming a regular occurence. After a particularly bad 3 day binge and waking up with black eyes I googled something about alcohol and found MWO.
                  I havent told many people about the extent of my drinking and therefore my source of support has been and continues to be you guys, for which I am eternally grateful.....:l
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;949806 wrote: At the moment im drinking tonic water with about half an inch of lemon juice squeezed into it... it devine if like me you dont like sweeet and sickly drinks. In cooler weather its got to be ginger and lemon tea!

I quit to save my life, I was becoming more depressed and suicidal. I had smashed up cars and my body. In the last 12 months it had all got worse, my AL intake had doubled and my injuries were becoming a regular occurence. After a particularly bad 3 day binge and waking up with black eyes I googled something about alcohol and found MWO.
                    I havent told many people about the extent of my drinking and therefore my source of support has been and continues to be you guys, for which I am eternally grateful.....:l
                    I think you are an inspiration too Chillgirl.

But, i have a question for you: do you feel measurably better or different since you quit this evil poison? For eg, i noticed senses that i did not think i had anymore, today... in relation to feeling different, how can you describe how you feel today as opposed to 30 December, 2009?
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Choices post...

2) What made you quit drinking right now?

Black outs. Hangovers. Depressive thoughts. It was ruining my personality.

Choice, this is exactly what I would have wrote. Your story sounds so much like mine.... How are you doing today????

How are you all doing today? Will check in later ok?? Day 3 for me, but no issues at all to speak of!
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Black-balled

Oh no... I'm not on the list! I'm not official!! What does this mean? I was sure I signed up - positive, actually... Maybe I have to wait for Sober October - that rhymes better - or perhaps seabirds aren't allowed to take the challenge? Or that everyone knows I never actually make it through a month's challenge and you're trying to save me face by not putting me down to begin with.... Or... Ha!

I'm in - definitely! Day 2 of September - GO TEAM!!!!!

Have a great second day everyone!!
                        Coco

Comment

Off to take my daughter back to university today. I quit because I wanted to have a life.
                          When drinking I was either drunk or sick. And I looked like shit. Even though I recently had a bump in my road I am living again and it is without AL. It is not easy but so worth it.

I drink tonic too Chill now without the gin which I use to love. Bombay. and wine. and beer.

I have found day 3-5 the hardest at the first if I can get through those days things get easier. I take a lot of baths and drink a ton of water. Happy to say on day 11 here.
                          Thank you all ....you give me strength. Sid

Comment

Coco you are so cute!

Comment

Hello Sidney! Congrats on Day 11 - I'm following right behind you on Day 10!

Sucking up the lemonade and club sodas like crazy -- I've discovered a lot of my drinking was attributable to thirst. If I'd grabbed something tall, cold and non-AL to begin with...

Have a great day!
                              Coco

Comment

She is a silly little bird isnt she???

Maybe I have to wait for Sober October - that rhymes better!

HAHA If we screw up SOBER OCTOBER, ahhh never mind!!! Sober September has a nice rhyme too!!
                                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X