Sober (AF) September Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Won't be around for a couple of days going away to the cottage. Weather sucks. but no earthquakes that is a scary one. Relieved to hear all of you in NZ okay. Still going strong will be drinking perrier my favourite AF drink. Stay strong and keep trying.

Sid

Comment

Good morning all! So nice to have such a positive group!
      Chance, glad you had a nice af nice with beau; much better then al fights!
      Witchy and others, my goodness that's a big earthquake, glad you're good. They happen here mostly in CA so I've never felt one, would be very strange.
      Getting a wee bit cooler in Chicago. Yay. I hated this very long hot summer.
      Off to a cousin's funeral this morning. Took me hours to get to the wake last night. Took an OTC sleepy pill last night as so tired and couldn't afford the busy day today without sleeping - common for me in early AF, and I'm heaping on the coffee. Enjoy the day!
      From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
      But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
      determined to be AF

Comment

Oh, as didn't get here to post on favorite AF drink, I have a couple; Iced Americano with half & half, (decaf in eve), seltzer and fruit juice over ice, and lots of water!
        From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
        But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
        determined to be AF

Comment

Day 7

Feeling good today..
          LOVE IT!!!!!:h

Comment

Great stuff PS!! It does feel good doesn't it. There are definite rewards all the way along. Somedays it doesn't seem like that, that's why it's so important to appreciate the good feelings when we have them. What is SR. yr is that like last year in secondary school? and what's eldest doing in uni? Don't answer if I'm sounding nosy - actually I am nosy, love details!!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Molly,

Peace

Comment

Absolutely PS. When I started realising I really had a problem was about a year and a half ago but to be quite honest, looking back, if hubs hadn't caused so many 'fusses' when I had too much to drink or fell asleep on the couch I wouldn't have even wanted to give up, so at that stage it was never for ME. It was for him or my sons or my daughter. Now this is ALL about me. I am savage in my protection of my sobriety - that sounds so pompous, but it's true -- nothing is more important - and thankfully my family all agree so we all sing from the same hymnsheet anyway. If a situation were to arise e.g. funerals, weddings etc where I feel/felt I may be vulnerable I just don't go - end of...........
                My youngest son has just started 5th year - 2 more years in secondary school - he's a great kid, of all my children if anyone is scarred by my drinking it would be him - I wasn't too bad when the others were young, just a 'social 'drinker (yeah?) but he seems fine, we talk about it, actually we had a great chat today and he understands (I hope) that I am really doing my best and hopefully I haven't passed my genes on to him or any of the others.
                Talk later
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi everyone! Not had chance to read all the posts. Day 13 for me! I haven't been able to sleep for the last few nights my mind has been racing! Had a great day so far. Took the girls to the botanic gardens and had a lovely picnic. If I was drinking it would have been a pub lunch then more drinks when we got home! So feeling very positive and gratefull for my family and health. Stocked up on diet cokes! Hope everyone has a good AF weekend. x
                  :lilangel:

Comment

way to go spinning...I am not sleeping well yet, taking melatonin to help but know natural sleep will come soon.

Peace

Comment

Good morning everyone! Day 13 AF for me thanks to MWO, my family and well me myself and I. This journey has become empowering and I think it's important to feel proud of ourselves for what we are all trying to do.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks AF for me.. (it's getting harder to count days and kinda distracting)... It has been a big 2 weeks that's for sure. Lots of emotions and changes. I feel like I'm moving out of an old apartment into a new house. Cleaning house and purging.

I feel cozy today but unmotivated.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!! :h

Comment

So happy for you, Choice :l
                        AF since 13th July 2010
                        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

:thanks: neart. Your kindness and incite last week helped me over some real tricky steps on this path. :l

Comment

Well, it's good to see some positive spirits here, excuse the pun

So far, i've had 12 AF days in the last 15, so i'm pretty proud of myself.
                            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Choice I'm with you 2 weeks today !!!!! Let's keep it up. Hi Peace hope your sleep is getting better? Last night I was so tired after a lovely busy family day and I got into bed and the neighbours 'kids' were having a wild party soo I didn't sleep much again! Just had to vent. Hope everyone has a super sober Sunday. We are going swimming this am which should wake me up a bit. Well done Change on your AF time . Oh as for AF drinks, as the weather gets cooler it's hot choc for me !! x
                              :lilangel:

Comment

It's really exciting to see so many people here doing so well!! Out collective energy is radiating out to all our corners of the world...... MWO-ers ROCK
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X