Sober (AF) September Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everybody! It's day 20 AF for me and I'm feeling really good. I'm not on any supliments but thinking about trying some. Mainly because since starting this path I have become more interested in health and nutrition. I hope everyone has a good day!:h

Comment

Better hidin the bags than the bottles of voddie DG!! I definitely find when that little worrying 'wouldn't it be nice' feeling comes along a good bit of grub deals with all that. Actually back when I was drinking I purposely used to miss meals cos I was afraid to loose the 'buzz' so that sort of says it all!!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi guys, everyone is sounding really strong and positive!
        Here's to the remainder of this September Saturday being a happy peaceful and sober one.....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

mollyka;957281 wrote: Better hidin the bags than the bottles of voddie DG!! I definitely find when that little worrying 'wouldn't it be nice' feeling comes along a good bit of grub deals with all that. Actually back when I was drinking I purposely used to miss meals cos I was afraid to loose the 'buzz' so that sort of says it all!!
          Molly
          Yes, MUCH better to hide shopping bags than bottles! :H Quite some time after my last drink, Mr. Doggy found a very large bottle of vodka (full and unopened????) in the guest bathroom. WTF????? I have NO recollection at all of putting it in there. And it wasn't a favored hiding spot or anything. I think I WAS losing my mind.

I too would choose to drink (and buzz) rather than eat. Eating was something I did at the very end of the day/night to sort of "come down." And it was always junk food. No wonder I weighted 204.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone near the end of day 16 for me. I went to my AA meeting at 1pm i don't always want to go but i find it helpful and supportive. I havn't made friends yet or got a sponser but i hope to just in time as i'm only starting back. Yeah Molly and doggygrl i used to do the same not eat to keep the buzz and then it would be junk like a pizza or ready meal as by then i'm be too pissed to make a proper meal. I was heavy and bloated from drink and junk food. I still have a few ibs to lose but i find the longer i stay off al and eat healthy my weight gets down and stays stable. I like to walk so that helps. Might get back in to dance classes again it will get me out and its good exercise. Just trying to make small changes and get out of a rut. But the main thing is to stay sober odat. Well good night and have a good saturday evening.

Comment

You too FireF! I am admiring of you going to AA. I have never been so have no right to have an opinion on them. Besides everything else I am dreadfully shy - it's easy to be 'mouthy' here, hiding behind a computer screen! Talk to you all tomorrow - heading to bed shortly
              Molly

Comment

Hey Everybody,
                It is approaching Saturday eve here and I'm not having anything alcoholic to drink. What a good feeling! When did that happen last? I can't even tell you. I get the most satisfaction in life from doing things, and once I had some wine, nothing got done. That might be 5:00 or 7:00 pm. I would justify it saying I wouldn't have done anything anyway, but that's not really true. So here's a toast with my flavored seltzer, toasting to doing some constructive digging in my garden this evening, until it gets too dark.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Get chickens Sunbeam y'll never have to dig again - they dig up everything!!
                  Molly

Comment

But I love digging in the dirt! It's not about the plants, I love the digging, especially on a cool fall or spring day!
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I used to love gardening before I went fulltime at work - now it's a chore cos I just don't seem to have the hours in the day - I have NO idea how I fitted in all that drinking! I HATE housework, always have, always will. Since I got my kitchen done it's not so bad cos it's fun to keep it nice so far. Looking forward to a lovely day off today - chores early and then I have a book I MUST finish, it's called 'Room' by Emma Donohue. It's short listed for the Booker and I have to say it is captivating - literally!
                      Anyway very early here, so I presume everyone is still asleep. Talk later
                      Molly

Comment

Oh, I was looking at that book, Molly - it sounds brilliant! I read the first few pages in the shop but wouldn't let myself buy it as I have a pile of books to read at home
                        AF since 13th July 2010
                        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Hi Guys,
                          sounds like everyone is doing well.
                          I am looking into nutrition at the moment, a work friend has embarked on a new healthy lifestyle eating plan, he has cut out sugar & gluton & pays attention to all the ingrediants (ie if he cant pronounce it he wont eat it), hes gone big on using herbs & spices & hes made some big changes in his eating habits & by doing nothing but that he lost 6kgs in a little over a week, hence my interest.
                          One thing I have started doing is not eating while reading a book or watching TV, i actually enjoy my meals better & dont rush thru them, but really savour the taste & texture of what I am eating.
                          stay strong boys & girls
                          catch ya latter
                          XX
                          *Witchy*
                          Progress, not perfection!!!
                          A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Good morning everyone, I do not like gardening or housework but I do like being sober and hangover free!I do love reading and have just re read Brooklyn by Colm Tobin Fab. I always lost concentration when drinking and had to go back to the start of most books. I think my bones are healing well and wonder if it is a coincidence that starting the baclofen again has done something miraculous. However, the cravings were bad last evening but only for a short while and maybe hunger related. Has anyone else had cravings for chocolate? I am eating so much of it but it is preferable to the grog as it will only make me fat and I could do with a few extra inches. Thanks Sunbeam for this thread. Off to watch a race back later.x

Comment

Crossed post Witchy. That is so interesting May have to reavaluate my diet

Comment

hay, all
                                here is a link to an interesting article, i read it in someone else's post but cant remeber who so I cant give them the credit for, but it makes for some interesting reading & started me on my nutrition kick.

Identifying & correcting the biochemical disruption of hypoglycemia and alcoholism

XX
                                *Witchy*
                                Progress, not perfection!!!
                                A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X