Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober (AF) September Challenge

Hi Guys, Happy AF Saturday!
    I was up early this morning to meet with my cycle group and we did a 40 km cycle at a fast pace. My legs were like jelly and I need to build my stamina. Couldnt have considered this in my drinking life when Id have barely made it off the sofa on a saturday.

My Saturday night date with myself will consisted of a chill out on the sofa with my weekly chocolate allowance while watching X Factor, go to bed clear headed and exhausted and sleep like a baby!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello everybody - Anon, just remembering how I used to loose posts all over the place when I came here first - then wrote a big long post and was telling you that in it ....................................then I LOST THE FRIGGING POST!! AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh, anyway now I can't even remember half the folks here today so I'm not going to say hello to anyone in case I leave someone out. Tired, I was a biggish smoker and gave up about 20 yrs ago, it was pretty crappy for about a month but virtually since then I haven't thought of ciggies, they are much easier to give up than booze IMHO!
      Neart, how could you nearly forget me:upset::H:H
      Firefox, I so identify with the coffee especially, I never used to bother, but I find it a comfort - obviously the fact I can't sleep properly has Nothing to do with caffeine - yeah right!!
      Sid, please check in and let us know how you are:h
      Spent the morning in IKEA to buy a bed - bought half the shop but no bed - actually the beds were awful, got a lovely 6 ft'r tho in another place so will have that in 4 weeks, storage drawers underneath and all so really looking forward to it.
      Hubs has just gone to the pub to 'play snooker' with his mate, he'll be in drooling and talking shite later so I reckon I'll have a very VERY early night
      Have a lovely Sat everyone
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Happy Hangover Free Saturday morning,

It's a beautiful sunny day here and I am going to enjoy it instead of cursing it because of a hangover.

ttyl
        Peace

Comment

Morning Everyone! I love the "Happy hangover free Saturday" greeting from Peace as that is exactly how I feel today. I honestly cant remember a Saturday that I remember...did that make sense? I have been reading the "Why I hate drinking..." posts, what a great reminder as to why we are all here. Funny that for years I felt so alone and now I know that is so far from the truth. I could go on and on with graditude for this site, but I am pretty sure we all feel the same way about it. I'm off to start day 11 and actually get something accomplished!

Comment

That made absolute sense Tired! there are GAPING holes in my life, not just Saturdays! Great to hear you feeling so good and I agree completely, I never believed there were other people out there who got into the same sort of a mess with their lives as I did - and now we are all coming out the other end - IT IS GREAT!!!!
            Molly

Comment

Evening everyone,

Well I survived last night and feel good today - what an emotional roller coaster!! Just a quick hello to everyone before i have a quick scan through the other threads and I'll come back and check on everyone.

Hope you are all hanging in there,

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Great stuff Dewdrop, I think Neart said it earlier, every time we survive a seemingly overwhelming craving it definitely makes us stronger and fitter for the next time it hits! Delighted you are feeling good today. Nearly another sober weekend conquered for us!
                Molly

Comment

Chill, just reading back over the thread, wow - 40 kms cycle, that's pretty damn good -
                  how long did that take you? I used to cycle big time when I was younger - we cycled round Normandy and Brittany once - fabulous holiday - obviously booze wasn't an issue then or I wouldn't have made it to the car ferry to France never mind the cycling!
                  Molly

Comment

Hey Peace I am so glad you made it last night I was thinking of you. Tired I am glad that you are doing so well, this site just rocks. Molly I know what you mean about Ikea every time I go for a look around I end up with an overflowing trolley and an over loaded car!! Sunbeam thank you so much for starting this thread, and big hugs to Doggygirl and Chill for jumping in with advice when we need it.

Witchy, Enja, anon, Fifefox, Overit, Neart, Choice, Spinning hope you are all having a great AF weekend, isn?t it soooo much better without booze wrecking it. And apologies for those I haven?t mentioned it?s just a bit difficult keeping up sometimes.

I?m feeling a lot better today and I am learning every day how best to cope with the struggles, like a few of you I am getting close to the 30 days and I am focussing on that now. A lot of us seem to be thinking of healthy eating and exercise now, I need to cut back on the ice cream but still feel I need to do whatever I have to to concentrate on my sobriety so might leave the ice cream till next month.

I had a lovely day with one of my granddaughters today she is 20 months and a lovely little thing so affectionate and funny and I really enjoyed our day together. Tomorrow I am planning a quiet relaxing day, some reading, walking and pottering about my house before the madness of the working week.

I hope you are all strong, content and happy tonight,

Comment

Morning everyone its raining here and dull. Day 24 for me. I wish you all a sober sunday the tread is busy so i can't mention everyone but its still early for me lol. I didn't make my AA meetin g as i was late home from shopping and it rained when i was on the bus. By the time i got dinner it was too late to get the bus so i just stayed home and chilled in front of the tv. I don't drive. Not sure what i'm doing today depends how the weather is if it is nice ths afternoon i'll go out for a walk. Good to see everyone doing so well though some of you have been in some tough situations. well done and keep up the good work. :goodjob::blinkylove::waving:

Comment

Good morning Firefox! Aren't unhung Sunday mornings just wonderful?! I used to waste my entire weekend being ill and used to deliberately in advance keep the days clear to be hungover.... How sad was that!

Molly - the ride took us over 3 hours but it was over rough terrain & dirt tracks on mountain bikes, my body is aching today!

Wishing everyone to come a peaceful AF Sunday.....

Chill
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Day 15 half way through the 30 day challenge and nearly through September. I feel wonderful cannot beleive it is a Sunday I have to dash but want to say hello and thank you to all the September people. Off to a party for my grandson plenty of booze there but I do not drink anymore!!!

Comment

Hiya Anon - I love the positive attitude, gives me a little glow! enjoy your grandsons party - nice to be able to relax at something like that not wondering how to top up your glass with noone looking! and to remember the day afterwards if you're anything like me!
                            Jeez Chill, that's some going - particularly over rough ground, I think my fitness needs a bit of a kick start (up the backside sort of kick I think:H)
                            Dewdrop, as I was reading your thread and you were able to remember everyone's names I was thinking' she must be much younger than me' and then you mention a granddaughter, bugger I reckon I just booze-fried my brain all those years!
                            Morning to all you other lazy peeps out there - up an at'em - lovely sober Sunday!
                            Sid, hope you come back and tell us how you are - thinking of you:l
                            Molly

Comment

Hi all,

Happy Sober Sunday to all, it?s raining and dull today but I?ve put my coal fire on to cheer me up (love the smell and crackling noises) and I have some lovely classical piano music playing in the background and I am feeling very peaceful and content today. When I think of the Sundays that were a blur of drinking and sleeping ? what a waste ? a bit like your Saturdays Tired.

Anon well done on day 15 you are doing really well, I hope you enjoy your party. Molly you made me laugh the thought of you having a booze-fried brain is so funny because you are as sharp as a tack; you are always offering advice all over the threads and are a real support to so many.

I hope everyone else is well and trucking along on the Sober Express.

Comment

Thanks Dewdrop - I wish!!! See you on the 'Shout out loud its Sunday' thread - good on you, it feels great every week posting on there - anyone else here get your asses over there and post on your sober time, like JC says, one day, one week, doesn't matter how long - Everyone here started with DAY 1!!
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X