Sober (AF) September Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, we bought a bed last week Anon, had a look in IKEA, they weren't mighty but that might be just the Irish branch? Got ours in Reads Furniture - I think they are UK based - brill value.
    Peace, funny you should say about ppl being pushy about drinking. My hubs was out yesterday with a few of his mates, one of whom would be the husband of my 'best friend'. He went on and on about some beer festival that is on in Dublin over the weekend, now I would go for hubs sake, but he is violently against putting me into any drinking situations that aren't necessary, and he made one excuse after another (even tho the mate knows my situation) until eventually hubs went home cos he felt he would have a go at his friend. It really is ridiculous, it's like forcing a diabetic to eat 3 chocolate cakes!
    Chilly, if you can get through that month you can get through anything - well done you!
    Also well done Enja, another SSS (sober sept. success!)! What'll we call us in Oct?
    Hey to everyone else - have to go to work, if I can get the frigging plumber out of the bathroom - don't ask!!!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning All,

The weeks just fly by when you're sober don't they. It's lovely that there is no dread, no thinking about how much or if I am going to drink. Being able to make plans and not wonder if I will be able to drive or be hungover is absolutely wonderful.

I really am starting to feel like my old sober self again and no preoccupied with the demon juice. Thinking back on all our holidays we have taken in the past 10 years, the most enjoyable and memorable (in a good way lol) are the ones we took when I wasn't drinking.

I really have come to the conclusion that it is not an option for me, I LOVE me sober. I am shameful when I drink, even if I don't get drunk. I think it is guilt for starting again after my previous sober time. There is one thing though, I am not telling many that " I quit" I am just not going to drink that's that. I am fearful that if I do have a drink down the road I don't want to set myself up for failure and to lose the trust of my family, I am redeeming myself for starting again I guess. My hubby knows and is very supportive this time, he knows how much happier I am - even though he may feel like he is losing his party girl, but I am still the life of the party the great thing is I remember it .

Day 32 and creeping into October....yes Molly, what will our Sober October Success name be???

Comment

Nearly there girls !!!!!
        :l :h
        :lilangel:

Comment

Yes nearly there for us September gang. Looking forward to my 30 days as it will be such an achievement.
          Everyone seems to be having their own private battles it is so hard at times but so wonderful to be free of the burden of alcohol. In my fridge is an enormous amount of booze and because of this site I am able to resist it although I am having big cravings at certain times--Like half an hour ago I just wanted/desired a G&T but I managed to talk myself out of it why pour poison down my throat after all this hard work.
          Molly I did buy a new bed from Ikea I just hope it is as comfy as it was in the store I will let you know. I hope your job is safe fingers crossed.
          Last training run tomorrow for my 10k race on Sunday. So much easier to run without a fuzzy head even if my breathing is all over the place (broken ribs nearly healed)
          Love to everyone

Comment

Well we are nearly there and I can?t believe how fast the month has gone in ? can you? I am busy packing tonight for a trip and can get into lots of my clothes now that I have lost 7lbs this month ? can?t decide what to take. I?ll be leaving early tomorrow and then fly to London on Friday for the day so won?t be home till late Friday evening. I?m not sure if I?ll have time to check in with you while I?m away so may not be in touch till late Friday or Saturday so count me in for the October Challenge.

I hope tomorrow isn?t too stressful on the work front and then the dinner in the evening but I still feel strong ? I don?t drink, I don?t drink, I don?t drink??.. I am going to focus on how far we have all come this month (5 weeks today for me) and how much we have collectively achieved between us. Not only will I not let myself down but I will not let you guys down either. I feel so much better in myself, my health and my attitude and I don?t want to lose this.

I might check in later once I?m sorted for tomorrow.

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Hey Everybody!

I just have had the best experience with the Sober September crew!!! I'm so proud of everyone. GO US!!!!:thumbs:

Comment

Checking in here! Congrats to everybuddy! Here we are on the next to last day of September. Still sober here, closing in on six months next week. It is wonderful to be AF.

Comment

Hi everyone! Wow, it is just so awesome to read everyone's posts. I haven't been able to keep up with ALL of the action every day - we are a busy crowd here! But it's so cool to see how everyone has grown in sobriety over the course of the month. Can't wait to carry it forward into October!

Then in November, with a little help from my friends, I hope to celebrate 1,000 days with you all! Don't want to jinx it though. It's a one day at a time gig for all of us.
                  DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Heading into the last day of September guys and what a wonderful thread this has been.
                    Looking forward to continuing with you all through October and hopefully pick up some Newbies on the way.

YOU ALL ROCK!
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

I am still here too and sober. Where is that party? So many of us made it ! And even if ypu didnt you came such a long way way. So put on a party hat and tell us what us made you happy this month. Sober September...Sid

Comment

Ah...sober september happiness....

We just started a big remodeling project. The same contractor is here doing the 2nd floor as did the 1st floor several years ago, when I was in the "dark years" of drinking - decidedly NOT AF. As a daily drinker who had also become quite the day drinker, I was always trying to hide bottles and mix drinks in coffee mugs, etc. thinking the workers would not know I was drunk before noon.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Needless to say, I am so thrilled to be living far more honestly these days, which for me can only happen if I am sober. No hiding. No worries.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm happy I got through some of the most challenging days of my sobriety, I'm also happy that my buddy Sid is posting :l
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

I am with you Chill it has been dificult but I am here.

Comment

Sidney! So good to see you here!

This month I re-connected with my inner peace found outdoors. This had a foundation in my childhood. When I used to drink outdoors, I still enjoyed it, but I lost the peace. Now I am back in touch with a different kind of joy.

I benefitted from the strength and resolve fo this newly AF group. I was welcomed and embraced, even though I seem to be on a slightly different path, and my thinking changed during the month.

I rejoice the in the friendship and joy I have felt with all of you.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yup here and with alll of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X