Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MWO

time to change,
    well 4 days sounds forever to me right now. I guess my last drink was on the 30th and that was 1 and a half bottles of wine also!
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Angel. How are you feeling today. Hope you are ok? Are you joining the Sober September challenge today? x
      :lilangel:

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Spinning J,

I am a little on edge today to be honest I really want to go and buy some wine right now. I am not going to though, and yes! I am going to give it a shot!

Comment

New to MWO

Brilliant! I know how you feel last week was so hard for me after 2 weeks solid drinking on my 'dream holiday' which was a bit of a blur!!!! If you can just get through the first few days you will be fine.See you over on the Sept challenge. We can do it. xx
          :lilangel:

Comment

New to MWO

Hello Angel and welcome

I can relate to the depressive moods after drinking,im only on day 15 myself and when i joined i couldn't even concentrate on reading the threads i had so much anxiety. Stick around this place is a Godsend and we are all in it together

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Angel. Welcome to MWO. I see you made lots of contacts already. I wish you the best of luck on your journey here!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Jodiex, thank you so much for your welcome. Wow, 15 days... that's great for you. Well it is 5.35am right now and I am still awake! Gahhh. Yes, anxiety is what caused me to drink many cups of coffee yesterday. Replacing the alcohol I guess.

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Techie, yes, hopefully I will get to know some people here. Thank you for the luck also.

Angel.

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Angel!!! Hope you are doing well today, and looking forward to you being an addition to our "family".
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Angel,

This is my favorite thread for reminding me why I'm doing this, when I forget how much the awful outweighed the buzz:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

Hang in there, sweetpea.

Pride
                      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Angel
                        Welcome, you will get great support here, I stay close to this site, it has helped greatly,I am on day18 AF.
                        All the best

Lillypond x

Comment

New to MWO

Pride, Thank you for that link! I just spent about half an hour reading it. Very eerie, as I could relate to pretty much every post. As a lot of people said on the thread, it is definitely a good place to go to remember why you shouldn't drink..

Angel.

Comment

New to MWO

Hey there Overit2007, yes "family" is a good word. Thanks for your nice welcome!

Angel.

Comment

New to MWO

Lilypond, gosh day 18. What do you do for motivation?? Angel

Comment

New to MWO

Hi angel
                                Its not easy somedays , but I have just been taking one day at a time, been trying to get back into my hobbies again, hard to get motivated some days, must admit I have to push myself to do it, but once I get started I enjoy it, embroiderd a doily today, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
                                Try to keep busy with something you enjoy, takes the mind off AL, I know I'm pretty new here too, but just saying how I'm trying to cope with it, Keep coming here for support, its been a great help to me, I'm sure it will be for you too. O and I live in Oz too. All the very best to you

Lillypond x

Comment

Working...
                                X