New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy

Hi, I'm a new guy. Looking for help to moderate/ stop altogether. I drink 1lt of wine every night., no hangover, but feel dull pain in the lower back which I suppose is liver/kidney complaining. ! Can go without from time to time and feel proud about that when I do, but then binge even harder the next night to make up for lost time. Seems there is a very narrow window period between being strong and not starting at all, or saying "what the @&$*#" have a drink. The first glass of wine means all resistance is lost. If I could just find a way to make a cup of coffee instead of pouring that first glass. I'm sure this is a standard scenario, point me in the right direction please.

New guy

Hello holmek and welcome to MWO.

I never saw a bottle of wine I couldn't finish. Like you once I had the first glass that was it for the evening, drink to the last drop. Coming to this forum has made a big difference for me. The support and encouragement from others keeps me on the straight a narrow, especially at particularly difficult points. Have you downloaded the book yet? I would also recommend the supplements as they help to moderate cravings.

Keep reading and posting, looking forward to getting to know you better.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

New guy

holmek,
      take it one day at a time and post your progression on here. The support may help?
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

New guy

Go slowly and don't beat yourself up.
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

New guy

Welcome holmek it's great to have you here. Keep reading, posting, and asking questions.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New guy

Welcome new guy. Great links there from Sheri! Check them out. Keep reading and posting.

Comment

New guy

Welcome holmek! I think you will be glad you found your way here. Check out the links that Sheri provided and come back often. I am 50 days AF and feel fantastic - you will too!
              John
              AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

New guy

Welcome New guy!

Remember you don't have to drink even if you want to drink!! take it 1 day...hour... minute at a time and search out as much support from those of us who know exactly what its like!!

Been there.. trying to quit or moderate,, I'm done trying to quit. its too exhausting.

Good luck
                May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

New guy

Hi New Guy!

I've been on this site for three years, but I am still learning too!! I fight with the "What the F__K" attitude that seems just so easy to make excuses to give in. I can tell you that I had two sober months at different times this year, and sober felt great!!! Sober life is a really good life and far from boring. I do know from experience that once you get past a week mark it also gets easier too!

Hope you stick around and let us get to know you. There are many different options to get you sober if that is what you really want.
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

New guy

Hi New guy!
                    I'd recommend just reading and reading the threads and taking advice from those here who are trying to do the same thing you the links Sheri suggested kept me real busy and I found a lot of answers I was looking for.
                    -choice

Comment

New guy

:welcome: New Guy. I found this site a week ago. I, too, have been where you are, and I am a 45kg woman. It was a long time ago, but I still had the "What the..." moments every few weeks and gave in to them. I watched the "Rain In My Heart" video (10 ten minute segments) on this site and have never felt more determined to beat this. Follow the advice, keep posting and know that you are not alone and that the others in this community really do care and want to help. And, what's really helpful to me personally, is they totally understand! Best Wishes and I look forward to hearing how you are working to beat this monster. You've taken a really good step coming here and asking for help. :goodjob:
                      :h Mish :h
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                      Remaining a perpetual possibility
                      Only in a world of speculation.
                      What might have been and what has been
                      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

New guy

Hi New Guy

Just adding my hellos, this place (mwo) has been great for me with lots of advice and encouragement,stick around and you will meet some wonderful people xx

Comment

Working...
                        X