Hi Im new and I want help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I starting drinking late in life. (my forties) I was having a relationship with a drinker and soon got in to it. after the relationship ended I carried on drinking and have been for 8 years. I have had the odd rest for a couple of weeks in between this and infact did a three month detox. I have a 14 year old son who is very upset and afraid that my drinking is going to affect my health in such a way that he may be left with no mother. I found this forum today by accident. This is my third day sober and I really want to stop. I have been trawling the internet for antibuse as this is what I had during my detox and it certainly helped to keep me away from alcohol, however I have now run out of them and im starting to panic. where can I get some from because I dont trust my self to stay sober without them.

Hi angie and welcome to mwo, you are not alone in this battle and we can all relate to what your going through,you need to put a plan in place ,you will find the toolbox in the monthly abstinence thread,read as many posts and threads as you can,well done on your 3 days it will get better, hope you stick around. ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;949728 wrote: Hi angie and welcome to mwo, you are not alone in this battle and we can all relate to what your going through,you need to put a plan in place ,you will find the toolbox in the monthly abstinence thread,read as many posts and threads as you can,well done on your 3 days it will get better, hope you stick around. ;-)
      Thank you Mario. Just having a good cry now. You really brought it home when you said that Im not alone in this battle. Its amazing what a bit of support can do.

Comment

You will be ok angie, getting your emotions out is good for you, This community is really fabolous and with out the support and advice here i would be still drinking, go for it angie its there for you to do,

Comment

Im going to give it a go. So glad I found this place.

Comment

angie;949731 wrote: Im going to give it a go. So glad I found this place.

you wont give it a go angie, you will do it see ya around have to leg it

Comment

ok, bye, and thank you.

Comment

Hi Angie

The day I joined here I cried and cried and cried for hours on end a real emotional rollercoaster, but boy did I feel better afterwards..

Today is my AF3 day too, a few slip ups (well more than few) but I so want to suceed this time, the support here is amazing, we all understand each other.

So hang in there read as much as you can and try and stay focussed AF3 day is hard for a lot of people me included but if you get through it it does get easier.

Lee
                AF since 31/08/2010... every day the AF total gets bigger...

So do you drink Lee? .... Actually no I don't Jeff........

Comment

Hi Angie and:welcome:. first things first, this is a great place and you are also in a good place in your head in that you know that you HAVE to do this, lots of us start off thinking we can maybe learn to handle booze and stuff. I don't know where you live but I do know when I was where you are now(in my head) I went to my GP. I was absolutely terrified but it was the best thing I ever did. I took Antabuse for a couple of weeks at the beginning it got me over Christmas and was a great help, and I still keep a tub of them by my bed 'just in case'!
                  I also have a young son 16 and worried dreadfully about his mum, I remember many years ago a friend of mine telling me how she used to go home after school to find her mum 'asleep' on the couch and used to think how appalling that must have been - I became that mum (metaphorically) for a while but will NEVER be her again.
                  Stick with us Angie, have a look at the Toolbox like Mario says. 3 days is great and with 100% determination - cos that's what you need - no if, buts, or maybes, you can do this thing and believe me it will be the best thing you will ever have done in your life
                  Molly:l
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

welcome Angie
                    one of the things that helps me stay focused is reading the "family members affected by Alcohol" page, I find it helps to see things from the other side so to speak.
                    good luck, keep reading & keep posting!
                    *Witchy*
                    Progress, not perfection!!!
                    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Cross posted DFL and Witchy woman:hello:
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thank you all very much.

Comment

You will be ok angie, getting your emotions out is good for you >>

I agree with Mario, Angie. Although I kidded myself when I was drunk, numbing my feelings with alcohol didn't make them go away. They just get bigger and bigger and bigger. And in the morning, they just filled the room.

You can do this! You obviously love your son, so let that be your motivation when the bottle starts promising things it never follows through on. Here are a couple of threads that really help me stay on track:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ndi-22388.html

xoxo Pride
                          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hi Angie and welcome..
                            This is a great site for support and encouragement..stick around we are all in this together you will make some great friends here x

Comment

Hi angie,
                              Hope you are okay. I think Overit use to take antabuse so I will ask her to let you know. x
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                              X