New here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here.

Just want to welcome you here Meabh. I love that Irish name. I'm Dublin born myself.

Comment

New here.

Thanks babysteps and Firefox !
      Drinking..... but in moderation.

Comment

New here.

Morning Meabh, how's the W/Ds today? Sounds rotten, surely they can ease you off them or something? Anyway if you're 12 days down the road you must be nearly clear of the effects surely? You poor ol thing. Anyway let us know how you are today?
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

New here.

Hi Meabh, I used to take effexor but also came off it. Welcome I have been on here for a few days now. Look forward to getting to know you!

Angel
          Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

New here.

Hi Molly, I did wean myself off the Effexor but I was only on 75mg at the most so I dropped to 37.5mg, and then had to come off altogether from that low dose. I feel really sorry for the people who are on high doses, it must be a nightmare for them.
            I'm still waking up with a terrible headache and still getting aches and pains like flu, but the worst symptoms have gone. Thanks for asking.

How did things go at the doctors ?

Hi Angel, nice to meet you !

Comment

New here.

Hi Meab, I'm Chill and I'm Scottish!
              :welcome: to MWO, I hope your symptoms will soon pass and you start to feel good.
              I don't have any experience with meds to help you but make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and eating healthily too.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

New here.

I have had great luck with effexor...what were your problems.....just curious...
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

New here.

Lucky your dose wasn't too huge alright Maebh! Got on grand at Doc, he has upped my AD again tho - its now at 20mg Lexapro which I think is quite high - he obviously thinks I'm barking:H:H
                  Molly

Comment

New here.

mollyka;951472 wrote: Lucky your dose wasn't too huge alright Maebh! Got on grand at Doc, he has upped my AD again tho - its now at 20mg Lexapro which I think is quite high - he obviously thinks I'm barking:H:H
                    Molly
                    :H

Let us know how you get on with the higher dose.

Comment

New here.

mama bear;951411 wrote: I have had great luck with effexor...what were your problems.....just curious...
                      I had many problems with effexor, but I know different people respond differently.

At first it made me feel very sick, but that didn't last. It stopped me from sleeping, made me restless and jumpy, hot sweats, shivers, changed my behaviour, I felt numb emotionally, couldn't laugh or cry, like I was on auto-pilot. It also made the little willpower I have evaporate completely. It really affected my attitude to alcohol.

Glad it's worked for you though, I just seem to be one of those people who can't get along with SSRI's or SNRI's.

Comment

New here.

Mornin Maebh, will let you know about the new dose - just headaches at the moment! Have a lovely day
                        Molly

Comment

New here.

Hope the headaches don't last Molly. Have a good week.

Comment

Working...
                          X