Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 7, on top of the world but know it's early yet

Good morning all

I know it's early in my recovery to be shouting from the rooftops but every moment of happiness deserves it.

I feel awesome today, no Saturday hangover, no rethinking the night before, no fuzzy head, no need to fill my stomach to ease the anxiety and most of all no regret.

I am going to enjoy the beautiful day and am so grateful I am able to appreciate it with bright eyes and clear head.

Thank you for your support to help me make it this far so far....Day 7:l

I'm following you round today PS! Just to say - bottle that feeling, it's worth it's weight in gold and on challenging days - and there will be challenging days, remember how you feel RIGHT NOW
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Well done peaceseeking, lovely post, keep up the great owrk your doing on yourself and as mollyka says remember these feelings and use them when you feel down :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I am staying close to this site today...

It's funny how I already feel like a different person, it's amazing the power our thoughts do have.

See you later,
        Peace

Comment

THAT'S what it's all about!! :goodjob: Keep up the great work, the rewards are many!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

fantastic attitude peace. shout it good and loud and remember how good you feel if you ever get tempted. waking up sober is just the best feeling. ive been mostly AF since feb and am still not bored of it.
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Peace - What a joy to read your posts!!
              I like you was absolutely euphoric when I quit so enjoy the high, it will also give you great strength and grounding on which to build your sobriety. Keep focusing on these wonderful advantages of waking up feeling good and coping with life with a clear head...
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Peace,
                That's great news and I am so pleased for you.

I just want to throw in a note of caution - if this is your first time 'going sober', please whatever you do do NOT eff it up. It is SO much harder to get back on the horse for the long ride than it is to just hold on and not fall off in the first place. I myself am a testiment to that and I'm sure many others would agree.

Just have that in the back of your mind and if temptation comes your way, get your butt back here ASAP and ask for support!

Anyway congratulations and ENJOY the feeling!
                K x
                Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Morning PS, how you today? I completely agree with Kimberley. The first time I managed a few weeks sober I thought, this is a doddle, I'll just have a few scoops and back on the wagon tomorrow.............no......not as simple as that. Don't know why - there actually has to be a chemical or something explanation, but it is REALLY hard to get back off it and the wonderful first time motivation seems very hard to refind. I was almost 5 months sober and succumbed in May - it literally took me til about a month ago to feel anyway confident in my sobriety again, and the self-disgust - it was horrible. Changing my Sig. was so painful but a very good lesson.
                  Here am I lecturing and you haven't even done anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks Kimberly and Molly,

No more numbing, time to stop again. I know how wonderful it feels to be sober and know I will have lots of challenges early on. To be honest though, I think this time it will stick, trying to not think forever as that is overwhelming but each day sober makes me a day stronger.

Thanks so much for your support and caring. It really helped me get through the weekend.

Peace

Comment

Ah so we're preaching to the initiated then, Molly and I. Sorry to hear about your sad news. I hope, too, that you find it will stick this time - it's amazing how long you did before, much longer than I have ever managed. Hope you stick around - it's always good to have someone inspirational about
                      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Thanks Kimberly,
                        Though I have had that long stretch of sober time, it is like starting over. I am taking every bit of advice and support I can get to beat this beast once more.

Thanks,
                        Peace

Comment

Working...
                        X