It can be done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be done!

Today is day 91 AF for me, what a AWESOME feeling, never ever thought I would get here. It took a lot of willpower and most of all Prayer. For those of you who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, it is there, don't give up. For myself I had to finally come to the realization I can never drink again, not even one. Time and time before I always had it stuck in the back of my head I could moderate, it was not until I figured it out, that I will never be able to, that I have been able to quit. I'm not saying it has been all easy, because it hasn't, there has been temptaions, mostly when others are drinking around me and I'm the only one who isn't, but I will tell you what, seeing all them get drunk and act stupid and knowing they most likely will wake up sick and waste their whole next day makes it all worth being the only sober one. Again don't ever give up, your day will come!!

Twosox :l:l:l

It can be done!

Hey Sox,
    CONGRATLATIONS! That is indeed awesome. I think it is a stage most of us go through, thinking we can mod and then most of us have to accept we can't. And in a way it's a relief knowing you don't have to do any of the 'work' involved in modding and trying to control it all the time.:goodjob: K x
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

It can be done!

twosox40
      I am soooooo proud of you! I just hit 50 daysAF, and every word you said is very true. There are good days, and days that are more challenging! But through it all we made a commitment to stay sober and that is all that matters!
      Enjoy your Journey!

Comment

It can be done!

All of you give me great hope! Thanks for sharing your stories.

Comment

It can be done!

Well done, I am so happy myself too, did my 1st day yesterday and today is my 2nd, all good so far...enjoying time swimming and reading.....eating...and great company....it is 5pm here now......sure I will make it day 2 AF..
          Keep posting everone as you have giving me the strength and faith I thought I didn:t have.......congrats...
          :new: Happy at taking one day at a time even 1 second at a time..

Comment

It can be done!

:goodjob::thumbs: keep up the good work!!!

Comment

It can be done!

Twosox, congratulations!! :goodjob:
              it's great to hear from people who are ahead, I find it gives me a goal - I want to know what 91 days feels like!! I am on 54 days here, although I'm not keeping as close an eye on the number of days as I did for the first few weeks. It's a great feeling to see those numbers adding up!
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

It can be done!

Great news Sox and well done.

Glad you can now appreciate the fact that AL brings nothing to your life.

Comment

It can be done!

That's Great inspiration.Thanks and Congratulations. Did a road race today and have sore muscles I didn't know I had but by far the biggest muscle flex I'm proud of is going out to dinner to celebrate and having soft drinks only. Like crossing another finish line all in itself. AF for 15 days and another weekend behind me.

Comment

It can be done!

Congrats on 91 days!! :yougo::yougo::yougo:

For a long time, I too had a little part of me in the back of my head thinking that someday I could drink safely again. That was a huge barrier to getting sober. When I finally accepted that I can't drink safely, ever, the real AF journey could begin. You are on your way and I am happy for you!!!!! Enjoy your new life.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It can be done!

Congrats twosox on your 91 AF days!
                      Keep up the great work, you'll love the results

Best wishes for your continued success!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It can be done!

thats aawesome, & inspiritional. !!!
                        *Witchy*
                        Progress, not perfection!!!
                        A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

It can be done!

Way to go! :goodjob: It's stories like these that keep me thinking ahead!

Comment

Working...
                          X