ODAT (OWAT?) US Labor Day Weekend - Sunday/Monday Sept 5/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all. (One Weekend at a time?) I haven't posted in months.

Aug 2, 2008 was the day I started quitting. Mostly done in Feb 2009.

This weekend I lost sobriety. I can give a laundry list of reasons, none of which pass muster.

This forum is a reminder to me of what it took to get me sober.

I want to give appreciation for everyone for being here, and for making a commitment to a personal future free from alcohol. To Freedom! And the hard work it takes to stay free.

Boss.man, I really feel for you. We don't need lists of reasons - just one reason, we are alcoholics, that's why we are here. What's done is done. Tomorrow, you can be sober again - it is a choice - and yes it is hard - but yes, you've the choice and any support you want will be here, there is not one person on this site who hasn't felt the way you feel right now.
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hey BossMan,
      Coming back is a good thing because you need the support. Not coming back would be worse, so congrats on that step. I appreciate all the online research you posted here about how this alcohol thing works in our brains. You have much to give. I will join you anytime for an ODAT weekend. Week days are rarely a problem for me.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Boss.man, sorry to hear you lost your sobriety. Glad to hear your ready to make the commitment to an AF future.
        I just took myself away for the weekend to a remote farm so I could make it through my first AF weekend in a long time. Managed to do it and feel great to be on Day 8

Comment

Working...
        X