8 DAYS AF !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 DAYS AF !!!

:thanks: Hi everyone I just wanted to write a little post to say thank you for all your support and great honest posts that I have read that have helped me to feel less alone in how I feel about alcohol. I know it is only 8 days but I feel better already. Proud of nyself actually! For example, I was offered a glass of wine yesterday and I said no thanks. Which was extremely hard to do. My mother was there at the time so not sure if I would said yes if she wasn't there. (she knows I am trying not to drink, and would have been disappointed if I had. I also have a question for those people who have been sober for longer then me, Do the cravings become less the longer you don't drink?

Angel
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

8 DAYS AF !!!

Congrats Angel
    Day 10 here....

The cravings come and go for a long time. Each time we make it through one the stronger we get and the constant thinking of drinking actually goes away. Take care, keep coming back this site is great.

Peace

Comment

8 DAYS AF !!!

Thank you for your encouragement guys. Sheri, good to know that the craving's lessen.

Angel

Comment

8 DAYS AF !!!

congrats, angel!! :goodjob: Cravings do lessen and everything gets better and better!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

8 DAYS AF !!!

Fantastic angel! I remember my first AF week...I felt like i had climbed Mount Everest! They are huge changes you have done to get this far. Be proud of yourself. x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

8 DAYS AF !!!

Well done Angel. Getting the first week behind you is such a big hurdle and yes the cravings do lessen - very much so - some days not one thought of alcohol would pass thro my head even fleetingly - however it can be dangerous cos I found I let my guard down a bit and then when a craving does appear - out of the blue - I wasn't necessarily ready for it as I was at the beginning, but yes definitely easier!!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

8 DAYS AF !!!

Green eyes, rebirth, Thank you so much for your kind words. Made me smile

Angel

Comment

8 DAYS AF !!!

Molly, yes it did feeel sooo much like a hurdle! SO good to hear it gets easier...

Angel

Comment

Working...
                X