Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change's FIVE Day challenge

Hey guys,

I'm finding it hard to stay on the wagon at the moment and realise that 30 days is a bit too much for me to aim for right now. In light of this, i am creating a 5 day challenge for myself, so if anybody wants to join, feel free! (i hope i have some takers ).

The reason being, i think that smaller periods of time might be more doable for me right now, and i'm sure there are people out there who feel the same.

Day 1 - starting today is Wed Sept 8th
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Hiya Change!

I'm with you. 5 day challenge is a great idea!
    Count me in.

Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Change, whether we're 1 dayAF or 1000 days AF we're each one of us just sober for today - so I'm in - I'm goin to bed now tho cos I'm knackered - good luck us all!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'll join you too Change ........ feeling a bit shaky at the moment, so it will be good to keep me on the straight and narrow!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Count me in for the five day challenge too! I like thinking of things in smaller incriments too
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Me too. I need it. I am having a crisis at the moment.
            K9 I am feeling really vunerable today?! Just like what you said about the four month mark?? How bizarre.
            I have been thinking about drinking all day today. I nearly ruined my sobriety. Jesus how scary.
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

A 5 day challenge is just the ticket for me, too!!

I am in.

Thanks!!
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Rebirth, don't even think about it!! Well do actually - really really think about how you will feel tomorrow morning if you drink tonight. Think about facing Day 1 AF after all the work you've put in, think about the headache, the crap feelings, then go to bed and wake up tomorrow feeling wonderful:l:l
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

rebirth;954075 wrote: Me too. I need it. I am having a crisis at the moment.
                  K9 I am feeling really vunerable today?! Just like what you said about the four month mark?? How bizarre.
                  I have been thinking about drinking all day today. I nearly ruined my sobriety. Jesus how scary.
                  Try not to do it rebirth, you will feel horrible tomorrow morning. Believe me :egad:
                  One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

I'm in for 5 days. Since it is still 9/7 in my neck of the woods I'm callin' it Day 0. Mollyka, you are right on - it's a one day at a time game for one and all.

We can do it.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hang in there Rebirth...it will pass. But yes, it is a scary feeling. Just try to stay focused on your new routine that doesn't involve alcohol. Let me know if I can be of any help!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

{{{Rebirth}}}, hold on to your hat, hon. I read this in the "My not drinking bothers friends" article someone just posted; someone who picks up a bottle could "sink back into the groove of self-destruction and self-hatred that comes to define her life." Remember how awful that felt. Feeling shitty once in a while is better than that! Feeling anything is better than that. Go to bed early and just get this wobbly day behind you.

Pride
                        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

alrighty then change i'm with this too.
                          day 1 today, Wed 8th Sept.
                          let's hang tough shall we?

Comment

Hi Change,
                            I'm in! These 5 days include a weekend, and weekends are always harder for me.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Count me in. day 4 here.-- But def 1 day at a time, just keep remembering all the crap and misery that goes with a few hours drinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X