Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change's FIVE Day challenge

Day 2 of 5

How is everyone doing today? Rebirth...are you doing ok?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi all. Day 1or 2 of 5 here. K9, rebirth posted on a different thread that she is feeling better today. All is good here in doggy land.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning Change, and greeting's everyone,

How are you going there Change?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey All, just checking in sober!! Hope everyone doing ok. Late shift tonight so am well tired, will be home at a reasonable hour tomorrow so will post properly
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

dont challenge yourself

Why dont you just do one day at a time, not five, ten or 30, just ODAAT.

Myra

Change;954057 wrote: Hey guys,

I'm finding it hard to stay on the wagon at the moment and realise that 30 days is a bit too much for me to aim for right now. In light of this, i am creating a 5 day challenge for myself, so if anybody wants to join, feel free! (i hope i have some takers ).

The reason being, i think that smaller periods of time might be more doable for me right now, and i'm sure there are people out there who feel the same.

Day 1 - starting today is Wed Sept 8th

Comment

Guitarista;954909 wrote: Morning Change, and greeting's everyone,

How are you going there Change?
              Well, Guitarista, not that well... Fell off the wagon, but don't feel the need to self destruct which is good. Am increasing my exercise and intend on heading to AA when i can... Work schedule is crazy! And, i'm having anxiety attacks about this new role
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Not sure how to work this sight but sounds promising. I was doing great and not drinking at all , you guessed it right back were I was. So fustrating to get to a good place not even sure how I fell back into this routine. Back to having rebuild my childrens trust, I hate this.

Comment

Redo - read everything on this site that you can! Post often and communicate with others! I think it works. I've posted a lot of places so don't want to be redundant here. The people are wonderful and will help you if you'll reach out.

Comment

I'm in = been out of town for the last 7 days and slipped off the old wagon. But had been AF on the October challenge. I will join in. Feel so good when not drinking!

Comment

Five days including the weekend - I can do that!

Mere, this is a good place to just pick yourself up.

Redo, welcome! This is a great community of support. We have all lost the trust of various loved ones, now is the time to start re-building those bridges.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I would like to join in to please, day 3 for me today, already the old excuses are creeping in, I should reward myself tonight for 2 af nights shouldn't I? Determined to do the 5 day's, but very shaky and palpitation's already at the thought of it, just got to get round town this afternoon without giving in, love and hug's Twitch xxxx

Comment

I'm in and trying again!

Hi

I'd like to join you guys on this challenge. Day one for me after sticking my head in the sand for a couple of months and trying to ignore/deny my problem. Includes the weekend which is perfect for me. Determined not to let it take over my life!!!

1st goal: 100 days
                          2nd goal: 1 year
                          ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Twitch, there are alots of rewards for living life well, and alcohol isn't one of them. I think it is more of a punishment. But I do understand the allure alcohol has.

Nellie, welcome! Yeah, denial is part of the picture for all of us. I'm glad we're together on the weekend. Weekdays are pretty easy for me to remain AF, but there is always too much unstructured time on the weekend. I have many things I like to do, but sometimes I don't make the best choice.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                            X