24 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Hours

paula, you are master of your own destiny....go to the gym....work really hard... dont go to the bottlshop////you will undo all the work you have done at the gym? i know i am a personal trainer???? go figure we all get ourselves into these states, but the good news is, we can get ourselves right back out again...PM me if you have any questions about fitness/health etc. I have the knowledge...it just goes to show that we are vulnerable
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

24 Hours

Hi Paula,

It sounds like your body was de-toxing, re sweating. I sweated so much around day 3-4 too. It will stop once it's done it's job.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

24 Hours

Thanks Sapphire1 - I managed to get to the gym and went clothes shopping afterwards instead!!! Much better but oh so much more expensive!! Thanks for the offer of help with fitness etc. I was half way through my workout and I thought I was going to be sick - this has never happened to me before and I am sure it wasn't because I was pushing myself beyond. Perhaps part of the detox too?

Thanks Guitarista - it is good to know it happened to someone else too - I thought it weird to happen on day 3 but sounds like it is normal - will take one day at a time.

Comment

24 Hours

Good job Paula2010,
          I slipped Friday and Saturday eve but didn't go ALL out. No more today back to the me I really liked for the last 7 days!
          Friday eve just hit me like a ton of bricks - for ever Friday eve was the time to "unwind" etc. But I really have to say last week was one of the best of my life! No shame, guilt, feelings back, confident. I don't want to lose that.

Comment

24 Hours

Hey Mere - put that slip up behind you and remember how good you feel when you are AF. I am only on Day 5 and I am starting to wonder what the appeal was - this life is so much better. I know that it is not really an appeal though - more an uncontrolable urge to drink - its not like I sit there and think how good it is going to be to drink - it just happens - almost like auto-pilot - like I have no control over whether I will open that bottle or not.

Had night sweats again last night - but only about 25% of what I had on Saturday night. Maybe it was all the lemon water I drank on Saturday??

Still feeling strong and in control - determined to stay AF until I go away - then I want to enjoy some wine whilst socializing and test the moderation theory when I get home. I know this won't be easy because I have tried this before BUT not with the help of this site and you guys and reminding myself why I can't go back to drinking alone again. Theres a song titled that - "I Drink Alone" - my other half had it playing in the car the other day - the day I started going AF - conincidence! My OH has no idea I am going AF - because I have tried it before I didn't want to tell him about it again - I just want to do it myself with a little help from my friends here.

Comment

24 Hours

Hi guys, you are doing so well P.:welcome: just keep it up odaat.
              there are some great hints in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
              thread. stay here and keep posting, this place/peapole have saved my kids &me from repeating this for another generation and i will be forever in their debts.

i like this site to help me count the days i have been sober.( when you cant remember, thats a GOOD thing, i think )

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates
              AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

24 Hours

Hi Paula...yep, similar timeline. I am on a disability pension so I don't have to get up for work though and when I binge and wake up at 2pm and know I won't get back to sleep I fill the next glass there and then. My binges consist of "drink, sleep, wake up, pour and drink wine, sleep, wake up..." Sometimes I wake up and finish the glass I left by the bed...or straight from the bottle. Oh, that's disgraceful! Never thought I'd tell anyone that. I don't even bother to keep it in the fridge.
                Keep going on the right path.
                :h Mish :h
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                Remaining a perpetual possibility
                Only in a world of speculation.
                What might have been and what has been
                Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

24 Hours

My drinking used to hinge on what stage I 'fell asleep'. If I conked out and there was some alcohol left in my glass beside the bed, I started drinking there and then, be it 4AM or 7AM didn't matter. If my glass was empty my day used to stay sober for longer. It is horrible to remember that Mishmash
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

24 Hours

Good morning all: I can relate to what you are saying so much!! Damn wine really has a grip on me...but to be honest I suppose all booze does...trying to moderate at this point. I am convinced that I have to go totally AF, not sure if I have the guts. I have a family dinner to host in a couple of weeks and normally I start drinking by 2 pm and am half corked by the time dinner is served. I am committed to hosting the dinner totally sober, but I am so scared. I am going to stay close to this website, as I can gain so much from all of you. Thank you.

Comment

24 Hours

Good on you Milly and:welcome:. Try and get a bit of alcohol free time under your belt before trying moderating - the general advice around here is to try for at least 30 days, it gives your body a chance to adapt to alcohol free living! Good luck anyway and keep posting, try the Newbies Nest as well, it's a good starting off point.
                      Molly

Comment

24 Hours

Day 7 and thinking...

Well I have really enjoyed the week being AF and do not wish to go back to my old habits ever! But I am struggling atm - where my resolve was strong I am not really feeling it atm. Anyway, thought I had better jump on here and remind myself that I have to keep going - there is no going back to that old unhappy life. I think as the week goes on and it gets closer to the weekend that it may get worse.

Sorry to be negative - just airing my thoughts.

Comment

24 Hours

Hi Paula

You've done so well. You should be really proud. I really related to your story and thankyou for sharing it.
                          I am on day 10 AF and it is really tough for me too atm. As soon as I'm in the car at 3.00pm going to pick my children up from school I have alcohol on the brain. This is when I think I can moderate. The fact is if its on my brain so much then obviously have no way of moderating. Not at this stage anyway. I find once 7pm comes I know that I've done it. It is tough because my partner comes in from work tonight laden with beers and wine ( we own 2 restaurants so alcohol pretty much a way of life in that sense ). The thing is I have a choice. To drink or not to drink and tonight I will not drink. I hope this makes you feel not so alone and that we really are in the same boat. All together striving for the same thing. I'm just checking in here as much as I can. Is really helping.

Sending you lots of love and support.

ELXX

Comment

24 Hours

Hi Paula and Ember, it is quite normal to feel like that after a week or so. The horrible initial feelings - hangover, shakes, shame etc. are fading into the background and we begin to feel really good, that's when the whole point of this can easily be forgotten - the point being that if you are the same as most of us on this site, one drink and all the effort is down the toilet so to speak....for me anyway, one drink and I would be right back there in that horrible dark place I've wrestled myself out of - just ride the urges, they go away!
                            Molly

Comment

24 Hours

Mollyka - thanks - you are so right - start to feel good and voila I want to drink again! I am just now thinking about it (3pm) and as Friday approaches struggling! EL - the only way I have been able to go AF is not to have wine around - I take my hat off to you being able to do it with so much around you in the restaurants!!

You are right about the fact that if we are thinking about drinking we shouldn't be having it - a person who doesn't have an alcohol problem wouldn't be thinking about it so much right? I too am fine if I can get through dinner - its the 3pm until dinner time that is the danger period - so easy to give in - but I will not - I am not waking up at 2am tomorrow morning - I am just not going to do that to myself - I am worth more than that.

Grrr - why does this have to be so hard? Day 8 - so far so good!

Comment

24 Hours

It really does get easier Paula, don't think ahead too much. Definitely get a plan for Friday if that's your tricky time, but try not to think about 'never drinking again' sort of stuff. That part is the ODAT part. And yes you are worth more than that and never ever forget that. Morning Ember and Milly as well - hope everything is going good for you?
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X