A new start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new start

Its been a couple of years since i was last here, nothing has changed with my drinking habits, they have only got worse. Woke up this morning feeling like hell (3 bottles of wine last night), i have to get myself back on track and to really go for it. I downloaded the book and have read it, i have ordered the cd's and got a list of supps to get tomorrow. I am so fed up of drinking myself stupid and constantly feeling hung over, exhausted and demotivated, the drinking is seriously effecting my relationship and every day life, things have got to change!
    I have not had a drink so far this evening, and am feeling positive, so its the 1st day of a new start!

A new start

Great start with your first day AF. Have a look around again, read and keep posting.

By the way I don't think I've ever heard anyone say their drinking habits got better over time.

Comment

A new start

Welcome back. I know the feelings you describe. Congrats on Day 1 and positive vibes for your journey.

Ukblonde;954827 wrote: By the way I don't think I've ever heard anyone say their drinking habits got better over time.
      Amen.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A new start

Thanks guys, I didn't drink any wine last night, didn't sleep at all, and still feel groggy but i didn't drink! Going to get a load of vitamins today and then back to the gym tomorrow! So day 2 starts as always, with the mantra of 'i am not drinking today', normally i get to 4pm and sod the mantra 'i am drinking' just the 1 though? Am determined to break that 4pm habit and will make sure i am doing something else to distract myself and the craving, wish me luck x

Comment

A new start

How about you try and find a support meeting this evening, that might help give you something to aim for. By the way I find my energy levels drop around 3.30-4pm everyday. It was often the time I'd decide to drink, so now when I get those feelings I simply thing "I don't actually, really want to drink it's merely that rubbishy 4pm feeling". Can work very well indeed.

Comment

A new start

Thanks UK, not really a support type of person, i am quite closeted with my drinking, although my partner is aware, i am planning to be out of the house for a few hours instead of waiting for the 4pm calling! I think changing my routine, especially the evening routine will help.

Comment

A new start

hey dorsetdude, just wanted to say good luck with your first few day's. Hope your craving's aren't too bad and you can "stay on the wagon" haha

Angel
              Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

A new start

dorsetdude;955281 wrote: Thanks UK, not really a support type of person, i am quite closeted with my drinking, although my partner is aware, i am planning to be out of the house for a few hours instead of waiting for the 4pm calling! I think changing my routine, especially the evening routine will help.
                welcom back,you seem to be doin quite well,i to was a 3 bottle a day person,a while ago,didnt matter when i drank,as you said you have to break the old routine and thinking,:goodjob:as far as the partner,mine didnt give up on me,but figured it out it was up to me to either stop totally, which everytime i did,whch were many,beat the crap out of me,over40 years,or teach my self how to moderate,it isnt for everyone,i do wish you well.gyco:thanks:

Comment

A new start

Thanks Gyco, I have got a pounding headache and got the sweats, but i am trying to keep busy and stay positive. I have started taking the vitamins and feel that i have made an effort to move on and and learn to control my drinking, i don't want to stop drinking but i think i have to stop for the time being until i am sure i can control the drink and know my limits, if that means i don't ever drink again, then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                  X