Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again.....!

Hi everyone,
    its me once again, how do I start, this is going to be my 3rd attempt and all I know is if I want to keep what little sanity I have left I really need to do this.
    I woke this morning with the worst hangover ever and having abused my best friend last night on the phone I can honestly say I have never ever felt so bad, I even called him this morning with a sort of apoligy but because I still feel so horrid and hungover I was quite nasty so he hung up on me.
    I feel terrible I look even worse I cant stop bubbling and I know its all alcohol related.
    A few of you may remember I was free for almost 3 months and I never felt better I hate saying the same thing again however i need to get back there.

sorry for ranting need to get it off my chest, I am so angry with myself.

Once again.....!

Hello Bungle, sorry to hear that, maybe give your friend a bit of space for a couple of days. Learn from our mistakes and keep trying, today could be the day it all falls in place for you. Good luck.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Once again.....!

Hi Bungle, I know how you feel I call my friends when I have been drinking and say the most stupidest things. 3 months is a long time. I believe if you had the strength to stop for that long. You will have the strength to try again. Hope things work out with your friend.

angel
      Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Once again.....!

Bungle,
        You've had a taste of what it's like to be AF, and you can get that back. Start today, take care of yourself, take time to heal from the hangover and work on your plan. You've said you do not want to live like this, and you must have the tools as you were AF for 3 months. You can do this. Sending you strength and hope.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Once again.....!

Hi Bungle, i know how you feel, i woke up tuesday feeling the worst ever, and new i had to do something, like you i have been here (myo) before but always lapsed back into heavier drinking. You have the strength to be AF again, keep posting.

Comment

Once again.....!

Thank you guys,

I do have the tools and the strength, even though I feel so bad I have been reading some posts on here and already my mind is starting to get focused on what it is I need to do to stop feeling sorry for myself and get a life!
            I will give my friend some space I know he will forgive me because he is a true friend and that's what true friends do, however I know I need to change there is only so much one will put up with.
            I have taken my supplements and I am now off for a long walk onward and upward..... thank you.

Comment

Once again.....!

Hey Bungle
              I so know how you feel...the things we do when smashed and out of control make us cringe and shrivel with embarrassment and fear... I have just had a different but similar experience last weekend with someone I know but diidn't want to get involved with.. so alcohol took over and not only did we have a 5 day binge but ... the friendship is truly now compromised..
              I am back too and AF from tommorrow
              Take Care
              Patrice

Comment

Once again.....!

Hi Patrice,
                sorry to hear that, I am fortunate that my friend called me today and we had a long chat, he does not know the extent of my drinking and I don't ever want him to know, that's why I want to stop and stop now today, I don't want to compromise our friendship over alcohol it is just now worth it,
                I wish you luck on your journey.

Take care.

Comment

Once again.....!

KTAB;955269 wrote: Hello Bungle, sorry to hear that, maybe give your friend a bit of space for a couple of days. Learn from our mistakes and keep trying, today could be the day it all falls in place for you. Good luck.
                  Hi KTAB, :thanks:

i appreciated your words of kindness and what struck a cord was when you said today could be the day it all falls in place for me, well i have decided to make it the day.

Day 2 up and running,

thank you once again.

Comment

Once again.....!

Well done on day 2 Bungle......always remember to do this One Day at a time. one hour at a time if needs be...you are on the right track and you will get there x
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Once again.....!

Thank you one2many x

Comment

Once again.....!

4Days AF feeling the cravings for the chocolate and all the contents of the fridge starting, but i don't care as i know the monster food binges will pass and are so much easier to stop.

Comment

Once again.....!

Exactly Bungle, anything that isn't booze - work away!! Hope your fridge is better than mine, all I have left after my teenager went on a rampage through it is a jar of beetroot 3 eggs and some mouldy cheese!
                          Molly
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Once again.....!

haha I had HUGE monster craving's for lollies and chocolate for the first few days also! Congratulations on 4 days af :goodjob:
                            Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Once again.....!

Hello Bungle,

Glad to hear that you are 4 days AF or is it 5 now) brilliant going, it is hard but so well worth it. I came on this site in desperation with a horrendous hangover and really at rock bottom and with support and advice from everyone I am now 20 days AF and feel 110% better. I?m like you and my new vice is ice cream but hey that?s okay and at least controllable once I get the alcohol under control.

Good luck and better munching away than drunk as a skunk.

Dewdrop :h
                              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
                              X