Topamax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax

I just got the prescription filled last night. My doctor prescibed it for me from a conversation he and I had on the phone. After everything I've read about it, I'm afraid to take it this morning for fear of being goofy. Does anyone know the link to the recommended times to take it? I got the 25mg tablets. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks!https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...es/newhere.gif
    :new:

Topamax

GlasshalfFull,
    I have the same question - is anyone having a good experience on topomax. I am afraid to take it as well.

Comment

Topamax

I got my presciption Sept. 25. Starting @ 25 mg. wk. 1 and went up 25 mg. per week. It made me pretty loopy in the beginning. In fact, I had a tough time driving when I got up to 100 mg. at week 4. Even had to quit for 4-5 days...I am in a commercial real estate broker and drive a lot so I could not afford to not be functional. Then I went back up slowly. I started again at 25 mg. and went to 50mg. but would space it out during the day...even cut the 25 mg in half. I am more sensitive to medications than most though. Like today. I today, I took 25 mg at breakfast, 25 mg late morning, 25 mg mid afternoon and I will take another way prior to what would be my normal cocktail hour 5-6. However, you need to be ready to go up or down being ready to listen to your body. However, it beats the hell out of drinking. The side effects get better over time and they are a hell of a lot better than the god awful hangovers. I went from 2 bottles of wine a night to average of 0-2 glasses a night now. It works...Goods Luck....Let me know if you need any help along the way---we are all here for you....

Comment

Topamax

Thanks! It's Saturday and I've been on it since Wednesday at 25mg once a day in the afternoon. Doing pretty good but, because it is Saturday, I've wanted a drink since noon. Haven't gone there though. Just ate lunch and I'm thinking of taking a Topamax early instead of waiting until 5 or 6 like I did the other days. The thing that is bothering me today is, the doctor that prescribed the Topamax told me to practice complete and total abstinence,and I haven't done that. I had two beers Wednesday, two Thursday, two big glasses of white wine last night and now it's today. I'm kind of worried that when I call him Tuesday (because he told me to), if I tell him the truth about my alcohol intake, he will tell me to go to AA or something like that. I really like this program and it's working for me. Or so it seems. My Kudzu Recovery is on the way and I'm feeling so good about myself...............

Comment

Working...
        X