Day 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 24

Today is day 24 for me and I have to say I am feeling pretty frusterated. Sunny day and stressed out, I really want to have a beer and chill. Hubby has some in the fridge and not to sure if I'm gonna cave... Gonna go for a walk and clear my head. Hope to curb that craving. Will be back later! Knowing that everyone else has caved in around me sucks! My support system is falling apart!

Day 24

Hi Finding Myself!
    First of all, congratulations on 23 days, that is a great accomplishment, and one you should be very proud of. It's not easy, and the fact that you've gone over 3 weeks shows your determination and resolve. I am sorry that you are having a hard time today. Please learn from others mistakes (like mine!) and don't let the drinking thoughts get to you, because until you actually act on them, that's all they are...thoughts. Prior to my slips, I had over 160 days. What happened is that it wasn't my main focus anymore, as it should have been! Keep it in the forefront of your mind, and remember how bad you want this. I'm sorry it seems that all of your support has caved, that doesn't mean that you have to. Stay strong and let me know how you are! :l
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 24

Dont cave!! Dont cave.
      Findingmyself just let this wretched craving pass you. You will regret it the next day. Sending you lots of innner strength. x
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Day 24

Hi K9. Stop this girl from caving!!
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Day 24

Focus on yourself! Don't even think about other people caving. If you have to, make it a competition for yourself. You are stronger and can do it!!

Comment

Day 24

Bet you'll be grand after a walk - great idea
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Day 24

I don't like the word 'caving'. Firstly because caving takes you into dark, dank places and "caving in" implies you are weak to something stronger than yourself. That you simply say "AL I can't stand it any more, come in and walk all over me". No!!!!When you drink you make the choice to drink. It's planned from the off.

In my mind you either drink, or you don't and have the power to choose. Trust me not drinking is generally the easiest option.

Comment

Day 24

Hi Findingmyself,

Good job on 24 day's af. Great achievement. Remember why you stopped in the first place? Well keep that thought at the front of your thinking alway's. Don't worry about other's. We all have our own special path. Look after you. Get to 30 day's and see how you feel.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 24

Ok ....sorry I did have a beer...or 3.....putting it to rest and starting a new day tomorrow....not to bad for over 3 weeks. Hubby came home and got alot off my chest ....but not gonna let that be an escape goat to talk. but it did help. Maybe he see's where im coming from. 3 beers after that long feels like 6... time to go to bed to start over again....hope i don't let anyone down but myself... I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks and will work off these extra carbs tomorrow!

Comment

Day 24

Hi Finding Myself,

Hey don't be too hard on yourself, this is a journey and you are learning so put it behind you and get right back on track. You know now what to do and how to do it so you are half way there.

Good luck x
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Day 24

I'm concerned about the "getting it off your chest" bit. I used AL to say things to people, and thought I felt better afterwards. All it did was reinforce the idea that I couldn't talk without AL, and the talking I did do was usually rather skewed. It also wasn't taken quite as seriously by those at the receiving end.

Be very careful what you allow yourself to believe.

Comment

Day 24

Well I decided not to be upaet with myself for having 3 beer last night. I wasn't drinking to get sloshed but enjoyed a couple cold ones on the deck in the last day of sunshine. I defentatly wanted to drink more then 3 but said that was it. Day one starts for me again. Gonna do another feww weeks at least. Can't say I have quit alltogether but for now I am gonna choose not to. Thank you all for your kind words and support, :crazymonkey::crazymonkey:back on the wagon for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X